Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is dealer pulling my chain?

Sup guys? I started calling up a few dealerships today looking for the best price to have somebody install my exhaust and power filter for my 300x. The one dealer told me that there is a total of 12 hours labor that is involved with changing these parts. Their labor rate is $99 an hour, so that pretty much equals $1200 just to have an exhause and intake installed. That seems like a hell of a lot of time to me. Does this sound about rite or am i gettin screwed? I live in NJ is there anybody around me that recommends anyplace i can go to get this done? Thanks

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Wow.....that's crazy......should be a 2-3 hour job at the most.....where you located there maybe someone close that could help you out....

Banned User
    A rachet some sockets a flat head screw driver and a six pack beer and ur good to go 1 hour job

+1
    what??.....download the service manual first..have that on hand...then come back here...we'll walk you through it...a few metric sockets and some shop light and an hr or so...that's what we're here for...

+1
    where in NJ are you located? / what dealer did you call?

+1
    Bring it to 08724, I'll give you a hand. I'm doing a kawi motor now out of 260x

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by salvage101 View Post
    Sup guys? I started calling up a few dealerships today looking for the best price to have somebody install my exhaust and power filter for my 300x. The one dealer told me that there is a total of 12 hours labor that is involved with changing these parts. Their labor rate is $99 an hour, so that pretty much equals $1200 just to have an exhause and intake installed. That seems like a hell of a lot of time to me. Does this sound about rite or am i gettin screwed? I live in NJ is there anybody around me that recommends anyplace i can go to get this done? Thanks
    they are quoting you oem replacment time they get like 6-8 hrs just for the air intake its a pain in the ass to remove the old one you have to split it in two pieces then take it out the front the new one will take 5 mins to install once the old one is out should tale 1 hr for the exaust. if you are just talking about the one by the seat thats a 30 min job max id do it yourself or take it somewhere else but a shop will et 4-6 hrs to do it if its the whole intake system

+1
    sorry but you got screwed the minute you brought those products, seriuosly dont waste your time and anymore cash.

Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    where in NJ are you located? / what dealer did you call?
    im located in central jersey, i called the motorcycle mall since thats where i got it from, figured they would give me a break...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Bring it to 08724, I'll give you a hand. I'm doing a kawi motor now out of 260x
    aw man your the best! haha pm me your info and ill shoot you a call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information