Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1

    Cheap Polaris Performance Bumps

    Anyone who knows some of the cheapest performance upgrades post em up.


  2. #2
    BlueFishCrisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Medina, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    4,988
    +1
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by nick072010 View Post
    Anyone who knows some of the cheapest performance upgrades post em up.
    I would say most individual performance bumps are going to be right around the $100 +/- mark.

    Water box (more sound, but some claim HP gains)
    Upgrade reeds
    Reed spacers (already on 780s)
    FA upgrades
    Extended pump
    Take GPS reading on trailer on way to lake
    CDI with increased timing
    Lightweight flywheel
    Impeller upgrade

    Some of these come with caveats and/or warnings with respect to matching impeller / timing / etc with proper engine speed and loading...... So be careful, and take them one at a time...

  3. #3
    bowsniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    macomb,michigan
    Posts
    5,896
    +1
    6
    A hardened stub shaft, hardened driveshaft,bigger/better carbs, ,aftermarket sponsons, rideplate,intake grate,trim tabs,racing intake manifolds,,porting the cylinders,bigger pistons,longer stroke,nose cone spacer, an ATT, stainless steel 6 vane stator,an AGM battery, carbon fiber hood or console, umi steering,finger throttle, heads reworked,increase compression, knived crankshaft,stuffed cases,dual or triple fuel pumps depending,Racing plugs, Newer thicker plug wires,pissers, indexing the plugs, different cylinder head, water intake shut off valve and strainer to catch debris, truing the hull, flo-rites for more air with less restriction, removing the t-stat, going pre-mix ,bored exit nozzle,bored steering nozzle, and adding electric trim or a manual auto dump for the trim, choke delete, primer installed, quick start button, and a cool billet gas cap!. maybe even a adding triple pipes or using a different big exhaust pipe.

    All this stuff should keep your head in a knot for a while...lol get out your bank book!. Stand by to SPEND!.. we all do it. And LOVE our skis..

    Like he said above. do 1 at a time and see how it acts then move on. Check to see that any of the above pertain to your plan and ski so that everything will match and work with what you have chosen. Some of the above are for racing skis and other mods can be done to most of the skis. Just ask and someone will chime in and guide ya if you need help. Not everything mentioned above is a "Cheap" Mod..

    Start with a certain ski, ask what can be done to that ski and what performance is really gained ,then look for part availability first, then get the part. What kind of ski do you have? what are you looking to gain? Top speed? or out of the hole takeoff? You cant do both.. Although, if you have enough extra parts, you can do both and swap what ya need depending on what the plan is for that day.

    Not every Mod I listed will yield a Gain in speed or Takeoff. These are just a lot of things guys do to thier skis. Paint it red, it will go FASTER>Hahahaha


    Good specialty tools to own: a boroscope,compression gauge,fuel pressure gauge, calipers,battery tender, a multi-meter, mighty vac, an alignment tool, spark plug gap tool, small flexible flashlight,a tach, a ski manual, a spark tester, a 12 volt test light, and a good variety of wrenches and screwdrivers. You have to be your own mechanic because there are no Polaris mechanics at the dealerships.

  4. #4
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,777
    +1
    405
    realistically figure a dollar amout you want to spend total and then add 25%.then decide what you want the ski to do and ask here how to accomplish it.you'll get plenty of ideas

  5. #5
    I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    920
    +1
    28
    Cheap and easy mod for the 750's - Use the Exhaust water jet from a 780 or make one. I gained almost 100 RPM (1MPH) by taking 5 minutes to unthread the old one and thread in the new one. Thats how I got my SLT750 up to over 48 MPH (GPS) even with an Ocean Pro Intake Grate.

  6. #6
    BlueFishCrisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Medina, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    4,988
    +1
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinstallations View Post
    Cheap and easy mod for the 750's - Use the Exhaust water jet from a 780 or make one. I gained almost 100 RPM (1MPH) by taking 5 minutes to unthread the old one and thread in the new one. Thats how I got my SLT750 up to over 48 MPH (GPS) even with an Ocean Pro Intake Grate.
    Wha wha what now?

  7. #7
    I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    920
    +1
    28
    Wha wha what now?
    If I remember the numbers correctly, the 780's had a 1mm opening in the upper cooling orface and the 750's had a 2.3mm opening. By adding less water, you gain a few rpm. Exhaust temp is still ok (as it should be, the 780 can handle it).

    The orface im speaking of is at the top of the exhaust manifold, the one the manual tells you to remove and clean out the screen on it.

    Prob the best bang for the buck mod you can do period.

  8. #8
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    A hardened stub shaft, hardened driveshaft,bigger/better carbs, ,aftermarket sponsons, rideplate,intake grate,trim tabs,racing intake manifolds,,porting the cylinders,bigger pistons,longer stroke,nose cone spacer, an ATT, stainless steel 6 vane stator,an AGM battery, carbon fiber hood or console, umi steering,finger throttle, heads reworked,increase compression, knived crankshaft,stuffed cases,dual or triple fuel pumps depending,Racing plugs, Newer thicker plug wires,pissers, indexing the plugs, different cylinder head, water intake shut off valve and strainer to catch debris, truing the hull, flo-rites for more air with less restriction, removing the t-stat, going pre-mix ,bored exit nozzle,bored steering nozzle, and adding electric trim or a manual auto dump for the trim, choke delete, primer installed, quick start button, and a cool billet gas cap!. maybe even a adding triple pipes or using a different big exhaust pipe.

    All this stuff should keep your head in a knot for a while...lol get out your bank book!. Stand by to SPEND!.. we all do it. And LOVE our skis..

    Like he said above. do 1 at a time and see how it acts then move on. Check to see that any of the above pertain to your plan and ski so that everything will match and work with what you have chosen. Some of the above are for racing skis and other mods can be done to most of the skis. Just ask and someone will chime in and guide ya if you need help. Not everything mentioned above is a "Cheap" Mod..

    Start with a certain ski, ask what can be done to that ski and what performance is really gained ,then look for part availability first, then get the part. What kind of ski do you have? what are you looking to gain? Top speed? or out of the hole takeoff? You cant do both.. Although, if you have enough extra parts, you can do both and swap what ya need depending on what the plan is for that day.

    Not every Mod I listed will yield a Gain in speed or Takeoff. These are just a lot of things guys do to thier skis. Paint it red, it will go FASTER>Hahahaha


    Good specialty tools to own: a boroscope,compression gauge,fuel pressure gauge, calipers,battery tender, a multi-meter, mighty vac, an alignment tool, spark plug gap tool, small flexible flashlight,a tach, a ski manual, a spark tester, a 12 volt test light, and a good variety of wrenches and screwdrivers. You have to be your own mechanic because there are no Polaris mechanics at the dealerships.
    The cheapest and best performance advice you will ever get is, "NEVER listen to that guy ^^^^^^"




    Here's a great thread listing all the mods for alot of different skis

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15847


    It helps when you list what ski it is you're looking to modify.

  9. #9
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinstallations View Post
    If I remember the numbers correctly, the 780's had a 1mm opening in the upper cooling orface and the 750's had a 2.3mm opening. By adding less water, you gain a few rpm. Exhaust temp is still ok (as it should be, the 780 can handle it).

    The orface im speaking of is at the top of the exhaust manifold, the one the manual tells you to remove and clean out the screen on it.

    Prob the best bang for the buck mod you can do period.
    You are correct about the orifice sizes. Never heard that anyone really gained RPM by doing that though.

  10. #10
    Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    You are correct about the orifice sizes. Never heard that anyone really gained RPM by doing that though.
    yupper usually 100 rpms on a 750

    I actually put the 2.3mm in my SLX and no longer collapse exhaust hoses any more

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Polaris Performance Parts
    By Screamin'SLX in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 09:24 PM
  2. FS - Parts Polaris performance water box
    By gorey in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2015, 12:33 AM
  3. Aftermarket Polaris Performance Manifolds - Triple
    By MarkyMark in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
  4. Check out my new performance Polaris
    By Ilovepolaris in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 10:13 AM
  5. WHO SELLS PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR POLARIS 12OO?
    By peteshauling in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 05:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •