Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Got a GREAT deal!

went to lowes and saw this roll of 3/4" I.D reinforced hose. Got it for $5.01 and there's over 50ft! BAM! Next time you go to lowes or home depot look near the contractor section for a bunch of stuff on a cart. They all have them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120307_132504.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	265780

Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    went to lowes and saw this roll of 3/4" I.D reinforced hose. Got it for $5.01 and there's over 50ft! BAM! Next time you go to lowes or home depot look near the contractor section for a bunch of stuff on a cart. They all have them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120307_132504.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	265780

Where da hose at?

Ill have to look for this. It sure beats the 3 mixed-matched hoses I have to make 50 feet..

FYI, when ever you go to HomeDepot and make a purchase and the item totals $0.1, go grab the rest of that item. the cashier is supposed to inform the manager of the price and he's supposed to have that item removed from the shelves but that always takes a while and they must sell it to you for $0.1. Later on you can return them to another store and get full retail price as a store credit,because you're not going to have the original receipt . Those are corporate generated markdowns per store based on the items sales.

+1
    Not sure that hose is what I would use for intercooler lines and such ... I have always used the highest pressure 3/4" automotive heater hose instead. Others can chime in, but is that hose rated high enough to withstand the 70+ psi pressure spikes we get in the open loop portion of the cooling system?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    FYI, when ever you go to HomeDepot and make a purchase and the item totals $0.1, go grab the rest of that item. the cashier is supposed to inform the manager of the price and he's supposed to have that item removed from the shelves but that always takes a while and they must sell it to you for $0.1. Later on you can return them to another store and get full retail price as a store credit,because you're not going to have the original receipt . Those are corporate generated markdowns per store based on the items sales.
    I have never seen an item for $.10 that wasn't intended to be it like a washer, etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Not sure that hose is what I would use for intercooler lines and such ... I have always used the highest pressure 3/4" automotive heater hose instead. Others can chime in, but is that hose rated high enough to withstand the 70+ psi pressure spikes we get in the open loop portion of the cooling system?
    Iv been using similar hose between my pump and strainer (all i could get at the time) and its lasted fine for over a year.

Only problem with it, is it is real easy to kink.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyStang View Post
    I have never seen an item for $.10 that wasn't intended to be it like a washer, etc.
    A year or so ago O'Riellys website had 20 or so hitches for sale. They were $0.33 and retailed for $150. You had to pay shipping though which was $25 but still a bargain. I ordered 10 or so but apparently everyone found out and my orders were placed to late.

+1
    i bought a couple hundred feet of pre finished crown moulding,from home depot it was like 5.36 a foot. rang up .01 cents a foot was under 3.00, manager wasnt happy but gave it to me

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    says 250psi burst strength and 350*. This crap don't kink, it's solid. Whatever it's reinforced with is strong and it has a pretty thick wall. I only planned on buying 6ft for a discount price of $1.96 per foot but the lady couldn't do math and there was a line behind me. I lucked out. Guna use it for the IC in my car and the ski and probably have quite a bit left over for a large beer bong.

+1
    i hate that clear stuff, it is way too stiff and heavy... plus wont stay clear for very long

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information