SLH components(flywheel, stator, and entrie elec. box) onto my 96 sl700 block?

Can i transfer flywheel, stator, coils, cdi and entire electrical box from a 99 slh directly on to my 1996 sl700 motor and its ready to run?
    (assuming everything hooked up and all components working)

I have a complete update kit for my 1996, but i have this slh motor that needs to be gone thru, some corrosion in the block... but it ran so electrical is good, and its the updated system so i thought just using slh components(used) and keeping my new update kit new and as backup, whatever. Plus the electrical box has some nice easier access clips and not nearly as heavy.

just wondering if im going to encounter any major problems?... or mabe that it wont work haha

Thanks for the help on the jet pump question as well and thanks to all of you that have helped me out SO much!
    Ive been out of the water for a couple months, and im really wanting to ride again!

Jared

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    You can for the most part. Your SL700 has a fuel guage only and requires an an LR52 to run it. The voltage regulator is also different between the skis (SLH uses a LR-23 and the SL700 uses a LR21).

A better solution is to use just the 99 SLH stator, CDI and coil in your 96 SL700 box. It would be mush easier to move thoes components, instead or rewiring the ski and changing harnesses. That would satisfy your desire to keep the new kit new and would require no more work than you would need to do to install the new kit.

If you dont ever think you will re-assemble the SLH, then yes, you can use the SLH plastic box instead, just a bunch more work to swap the LR modules and refish the SL harnesses into the SLH box thru the bulkheads.

Hope this helps!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	1056 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	265787

thanks
    yes i believe you answered what i needed to know.

I plan on just switching the entire slh electrical system onto the 96(should have said that to start), wanted to make sure the transfer would work for the flywheel stator and cdi without problems or any others elsewhere. I bought the slh thinking rebuild but no title and a dead end looking for it, so its upgrade parts i guess for the 96.

Motor didnt turn out, heavy corrosion found once i pulled it out. It ran, good compression but it needs to be gone thru so right now im going to focus on getting this other running. The slh did not have a dashpad or gauge but once i get the 96 all together and everything running again i will try and pick one up. Money for the project is little low so one thing at a time for me hah

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    In that case everything should swap over. The SLH never had a warning buzzer, you could try hooking it up. It will still work. May as well swap the handlebar controls to update them and give you a manual bilge button as well if you are so inclined.

Hope your project goes well. Sent you a PM.

+1
    The biggest difference in the elect boxes is the way the wires are attached and sealed to the box.
    The plastic boxes use a large plastic nut-1 peice grommet-that are pretty much part of the wiring (seems those parts were slid over the wires before the terminals were attached )
    But having an entire parts ski makes it posssible.

The stator also used a different grommet to seal the wires-where the wires run through the stator housing (use the SLH housing and new crank seal )

The SLH start/stop switch is easier to use,the choke cable should also reach.( I have a 97 set up on my 96)

The fuel guage worked the same-sealed wire connecters should make that easier.(depending if you use stock guage or MFD set up)

The 96 oil sender was just an on/off switch.(when low,sounded a buzzer)
    The newer design was an actual sender,showed all levels of oil,you need to compare the 2.

Thread Information