Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    cdorcr911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12

    Can this be right for wht I did on my 2006 RXP top speed

    Hello,I just wanted to see why im not seeing the speeds that I should get on my 2006 RXP with 84hrs
    I went out to my local lake here in PHX,AZ elevation around 1,789 and the water temp was 54 derees and
    air temp was about 77 out and water had some chop..(Here is the stuff (NEW)I just installed on my ski)
    1)x-charger 42lb injectors
    2)Riva gen II intercooler with blow off
    3)rear air intake
    4)2 degree wedge with cone
    5)Riva race block offs
    6)worx intake grate
    7)Riva rear exhaust
    prop is a solas 15/21 repitched to a 14/20 by impros
    9)Everything else on my ski is stock

    So when I ran it I only got up to 72.5 with a GPS and rpms @ 8160/8200 gas 4bars
    I read so much on what everyone does to there skis and the speeds that they run
    I belive I should be in the ball park of 75ish??I belive that prop is part of the problem should be a 15/20 or
    15/21..So why am I not hitting the right speeds..Please HELP me..Thanks,Shawn


  2. #2
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    You need a raising rate fuel pressure regulator also with that setup...

  3. #3
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    You may be tapping the limiter. Have the prop tweaked again and see what happens.

  4. #4
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    You need a raising rate fuel pressure regulator also with that setup...
    +100, the ski is probably way lean and also you want to be about 8100 rpms at WOT with that ski.. i would get a RRFPR and check AFRS and go from there on prop pitch once AFRS are dialed in

  5. #5
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    The intake grate is holding you back at least 1mph. Toss on a riva intake grate & you'll see that 74ish mph.. then you'll be on the limiter at 8200+ so repitch to 15/20 and you should see 75ish mph at 8120-8140

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cdorcr911 View Post
    Hello,I just wanted to see why im not seeing the speeds that I should get on my 2006 RXP with 84hrs
    I went out to my local lake here in PHX,AZ elevation around 1,789 and the water temp was 54 derees and
    air temp was about 77 out and water had some chop..(Here is the stuff (NEW)I just installed on my ski)
    1)x-charger 42lb injectors
    2)Riva gen II intercooler with blow off
    3)rear air intake
    4)2 degree wedge with cone
    5)Riva race block offs
    6)worx intake grate
    7)Riva rear exhaust
    prop is a solas 15/21 repitched to a 14/20 by impros
    9)Everything else on my ski is stock

    So when I ran it I only got up to 72.5 with a GPS and rpms @ 8160/8200 gas 4bars
    I read so much on what everyone does to there skis and the speeds that they run
    I belive I should be in the ball park of 75ish??I belive that prop is part of the problem should be a 15/20 or
    15/21..So why am I not hitting the right speeds..Please HELP me..Thanks,Shawn
    You need a little more pitch and you need to spend some time on your ride plate! Fill all the holes with JB weld putty and sand the hole plate smooth. Take care at all the joins and smooth the transition from the hull to the ride plate also alot of oem ride plate are not flat (feel with your hand) you may find low spots that need to be filled you could use any metal filler for this and sand flat. If you do it rite it makes a world of differace!

    Its hard work but unless you very lucky you rarely get the speeds talked about on here without a bit of hard work and covering all bases.

    If you are game try and sand the edges more square on the plate as well BUTT MODDER BEWARE THE RIDE PLATE GETS THIN so be carefull.

    Dont worry about RRFPR use that money for a Vtech tune and some 50lbs injectors>>>>you will love it and you'll be closer to 80+mph!

    good luck!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    The intake grate is holding you back at least 1mph. Toss on a riva intake grate & you'll see that 74ish mph.. then you'll be on the limiter at 8200+ so repitch to 15/20 and you should see 75ish mph at 8120-8140
    I'd go with these ideas first...in still not using a RRFPR in the desert after 150hrs on my mods, which are very similar to yours. As far as fixing your speed, concern yourself with the impeller and intake grate. I've never used your grate before, but I am hitting 80+ on my riva

  8. #8
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,446
    +1
    650
    If you were to move down to sea level......lol......I have seen a difference of 1 mph from 440 ft above sea level to 0 ft sea level.......

  9. #9
    83.0 @ 8400 jhill19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teays Valley, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,800
    +1
    81
    I agree with sno, you need to get a rising rate fuel reg. and monitor your afr. You don't want to run lean and burn rings or melt a piston. Blow off valve is not necessary. Oh and where was your trim set at when testing, you want it almost all the way up maybe one or two clicks from the top and try some fresh plugs. Prop should be closer to 15/20. I'm running 78.6 with my mods listed in my sig.

  10. #10
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    If you were to move down to sea level......lol......I have seen a difference of 1 mph from 440 ft above sea level to 0 ft sea level.......
    Yep,

    Once your dialed in expect to be 2-3 MPH slower then the Guy at sea level unless you go out in 40 degree temps.
    Sounds like you need more pitch.
    Be careful running on limiter.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 42 lb BOSCH injectors new for $175???? Can it be right?
    By slydogge in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 07:26 PM
  2. Ok, This CAN'T Be Normal For An SS Ring...
    By duramaxxed in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 09:52 AM
  3. can this be right
    By icerat4 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 09:03 PM
  4. This can't be right... 2004 rxp with 5 hours for $3K
    By Enufpwr in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 09:25 PM
  5. How can this be...?
    By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 06:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •