Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Who won't buy GM?

Just curious. I've seen some references to this in other threads. Who is done with GM because of the bailout? Other reasons? I for one have owned many, but will never buy another one. To me, the bailout is just not the way business is supposed to work in America.

I wont. My grandfather was head engineer at cadillac. Screwed him over with retirement, stock, and bonds. That was borderline for me at that time of reason why I should not get another one... well I made it back to a dealership because we knew the owner. Looked at a few options and got the lease prices... I was blown away... I went the Ford dealer and priced out a new escape. kinda middle of the road package and the sales guy was like well if you want to order one we can do better. Got a limited escape fwd, leather, v6 everything but nav for 250 a month for 24 months with 13500 miles a year. I ordered that day and took delivery from factory 2 months later. The prices on the gmc terrain were over 400 a month for the same thing. There was no way I would spend 150 bucks more a month for basically the same truck. Plus the escape has sync, and I feel drives better. GO FORD!!! American and no bailout. Fixed the issues they had and turned the company around.

+1
    The bailout of GM was nothing more than a huge bailout of the UAW. They should have let GM go through bankruptcy and let the chips fall where they may. As valuable a brand as GM is, I'll almost bet that someone would have stepped up and bought them. GM would have been a leaner meaner and better run company without the yoke of the UAW contract and work rules hanging on it's neck. The bailout was nothing more than Obama's payoff to the UAW. All the stockholders got screwed and so did everybody else that GM owed money to with the exception of the UAW. I have never in my life owned a GM product and now after the bailout sure as hell wouldn't.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    I wont. My grandfather was head engineer at cadillac. Screwed him over with retirement, stock, and bonds. That was borderline for me at that time of reason why I should not get another one...
    Borderline? Man, you are way more forgiving than I would have been.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    The bailout of GM was nothing more than a huge bailout of the UAW.
    I agree- huge UAW payoff, and so much worse...

Our entire family had never bought another product since my grandpa started working there in the 1950's. I was the first to venture off. My cousin is a Chevy mechanic also. My mom will be the next out hopefully with a new explorer soon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    Our entire family had never bought another product since my grandpa started working there in the 1950's. I was the first to venture off. My cousin is a Chevy mechanic also. My mom will be the next out hopefully with a new explorer soon.
    Sad that they turned such a loyal family away from the brand. Especially for you being from the motor state and all.

Definitely sad to see. I feel their products dont fit me anymore either. I'm 21 and I would be buying a pontiac G8 if I had my option right now, but they destroyed pontiac and also a great frame/motor combination becauseeee??? The pontiac brand was the "young guy" brand... I dont want to be seen driving a buick lol. I looked at Chevy Cruze leases but they were 400 a month too for a car with an msrp the same as a fusion. The fusion lease is under 200 a month. I am obviously a lease guy so thats what ford has going for them now.

I agree to the UAW thing but not gonna get in to the political side of it.

Unions have been draining this country for 100 years!!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information