Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar

Intake manifold? Throttle body?

Now i may be going about this all wrong but...i know a decent amount about cars and two popular bolt-ons being the throttle body and intake manifold i think we should try to see where we can make improvements over Seadoo's design. I've cleaned up throttle bodies before without changing the actual bore diameter and had some nice results. And before anyone reminds me, i know plastic intake manifolds have a big advantage over metal because plastic holds heat less, which is denfinetly a huge factor in our world. I was just wondering if anyone has put any thought into maybe trying to fab something? I'm going to look into it. If i can make it for cheap and it works i'll be sure to let you guys know.

Getting it in is not a problem where the 4tec suffers is in the exhaust.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    CRS... what about the exhaust is killing it? and do you think that the powerpipe or thru-hull type exhausts are still not ample enough? ... it backpressure the problem, or is heat thrown off from the exhaust the problem?

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    I belive the block shaped exhaust manifold attacthed to the head could be very restrictive. Yet another idea. A fully water jacketed long tube equal length header. That would be awsome.

I don`t think the manifold is too bad but that stainless section between the manifold and the waterbox is only 2 inch i.d. Thats the cork in the system. Trouble is thats a serious bit of fabrication to make a bigger one!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    so your feeling is that for the size motor these skis have in them, the exhaust pipe itself coming right off the manifold is inadequate.... but evens till, isn't everything else even after the waterbox all the same diameter plumbing?

we should tear off the manifold and triple pipe that biotch right out the back, or at least bolt up a sick set of headers.... i'll call jesse james, he'll figure something out

No,the rest of the pipework is more like 2 1/2 inch which is lot bigger flow wise. You`re right about Jesse though, straight out the side through the deck I suspect.Could make for some savage burns!!!

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Shibby,

Triple piping a three cylinder 2-stroke (providing an expansion chamber for each cylinder) can be a viable addition to a well-tuned oil burner... and can produce extraordinary power.

However, the exhaust scavenging of a three cylinder 4-stroke would most likely be improved by the addition of three equal length (small diameter) primary tubes, converging into a moderate length "collector", before exiting a non-restrictive thru hull exhaust pipe.

So, yes... we might benefit from a "sick set of headers" But the R&D required to find the right dimensions... $$$$$$$$... oh, the humanity

Jeff

+1

headers

Long tube headers would be sweet, if someone make a flange that would bolt to the head, bet it wouldnt be that hard to weld up some piping..

+1
    Nils, are you listening to this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information