Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: fogging

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    28

    fogging

    i have searched on here and a few other forums and im getting conflicting answers.
    how do i fog my 2011 yamaha vxr for long term storage?
    there is nothing in my owners manual on this.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    28
    my dealer recomends i fog after every ocean ride. ANYONE??

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    28
    that thread doesnt answer my question mike. i dont have a sc.
    im sure it gets fogged through the throttle body?? not so sure on what product to use?

  5. #5
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by junkit View Post
    that thread doesnt answer my question mike. i dont have a sc.
    im sure it gets fogged through the throttle body?? not so sure on what product to use?
    See post 9 in that thread, I think its good advice. I personally use Yamaha brand fogging oil. I'm sure others work, but that is what my dealer has in stock. Keep in mind, the fogging oil on the n/a motor and SC motor helps keep any valves from sticking which I have read about here.

  6. #6
    The Yamaha fogging oil is good stuff---if you can't find it, you can use any brand name--- my local Autozones and Advanced Auto parts sell both CRC and Stabil brands of fogging oil for about $5 a can.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    28
    thanks mike.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboater View Post
    The Yamaha fogging oil is good stuff---if you can't find it, you can use any brand name--- my local Autozones and Advanced Auto parts sell both CRC and Stabil brands of fogging oil for about $5 a can.
    so yamaha oil is probably around $8 a can.

  9. #9
    volltrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jersey CI
    Posts
    616
    +1
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by junkit View Post
    i have searched on here and a few other forums and im getting conflicting answers.
    how do i fog my 2011 yamaha vxr for long term storage?
    there is nothing in my owners manual on this.
    Chapter 3 Page 12

    For winter storage, you could do as in the manual, then remove plugs & spray fogging oil into cylinders.

  10. #10
    D22jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saddle Brook, NJ
    Posts
    106
    I spray mine in the throttle body till in turns off and then remove the spark plugs and spray in each hole. BTW are you anywhere near Keene?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fogging kit!
    By ZMANN in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 08:48 PM
  2. Engine fog
    By lugnut in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 12:20 PM
  3. Polaris Fogging Kit
    By ph2ocraft in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 11:18 PM
  4. Fogging 4tec??
    By SeanCucf in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 08:42 AM
  5. another fogging question?
    By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •