Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1.8 L FXHO

1.8 L FXHO

I am thinking about considering a 2009 1.8L FXHO.
    What is stock top speed?
    What would it take to get this ski to a top end in the low 70s??? I am assuming I am better off with a SHO ??

I had a MR-1 HO and that ski could not see speed above 65mph. And that was with every shelf mod and custom thing that I could do to it.

Thanks

+1
    You changed your mind on the FZ or FX SHO and the financing?

Just didn't make up my mind yet. I would rather not spend $12k when I can find a ski with less than 100 hours for less than $7500 and with a warranty, trailer, etc
    I also have access to a SHO any time I just can't mod it so I'm on water either way.

+1
    Gotcha...See I'd rather have $7500 in my pocket, invest it and finance the ski for $200 a month or less. At the end of 3 years I can get close to breakeven and buy a new ski. In the meantime my $7500 is working for me, the warranty covers the ski and I get some gear. Different strokes for different folks. I really don't think hours are as much a concern because mine is over 200 in a year and like new. My buddy buys and sells all day long and I ride with him sometimes to evaluate and buy. He has bought skis with 50 hours on them that were a couple years old and they needed a lot of work (sitting is worse than using marine craft). I just don't want to fuss with skis I like to ride them.

At the end of the day your total cost of ownership including depreciation makes it hard to justify a older ski if you can do a new one. Math is math and I haven't been able to make buying a used work out for me. Good luck.

But we are getting off track...sorry 'bout that.

Your not buying new for $200 a month. The yamaha financing is $28 per grand borrowed. For you to get down to a payment of $200 you will need to put down >$5000. Now why pay $6k and $200 a month when you can get used for under $7,500 with a warranty and trailer. I can use for a year or 2 and only cost me $1,500-$2,000 per year after I sell it.

Cash or finance through home equity if you can. I can't this time around.

+1
    Back to the thread, you will see 62MPH on a full tank 63MPH on the buzzer. Hope this helps, Julio...

+1
    Bar bay, if you need speed, you need to buy the SHO not the HO!

You will likely see lots of mid range torque with the 1.8L HO compared to your old one but I can tell you the speed is what Julio said! 62-63 so if you have a highly modded old HO that you are getting 65 which BTW I have never heard of or seen one to go that fast then you probably should only consider the SHO

As for good used discussion, I am not following you Vince!! I can understand you rather keep the cash and invest but to say that you have less loss once you are through with the ski than someone buying a good used ski that has already seen it's depreciation in value, is a little hard for my math to follow!

I know of a person who bought an awesome used ski with 45 hours, put another 150 hours on it and sold it for less than a $1000 of what he paid for! Ski was very well taken care of!

For the sake of argument let's say a brand new SHO is $13K. You buy it and put in 300 hours on it then I assure you that you can't get more than $6K from it if you do manage to put 300+ hours, at least that's not happening in my area! Now someone buys a used sub 100 hour ski at $7K and he decides to sell it at 300 hours. Even he sells it at $4.5K, he is still ahead of the game! your ski has cost you $23/hour where the used buyer has paid $12.5/hour. In reality your operation cost is even bigger since you had to pay interest and tax on full purchase price!

We are talking about a ski that is well maintained not a lemon! I can't agree with you more that one is risking a lot more when taking chances on an used ski than someone who's buying new!

I guess all I am trying to say is depreciation of a new ski is far more than depreciation of a used ski! At some point the prices don't go much lower regardless of hours on the ski but you buy a brand new ski and put only 60 hours and try to sell it in 3 years, you'll get the biggest hit rather than the guy who buys it used!

MR1FXHO stocks goes 60. Riva kit you are at 63-64. And with holes filled and plat you are at 64-65. I also had mine stripped of everything I could strip and also had additional cutout to engine bay (i inserted filter medium) to allow more air to draw from. Ski was used hard and held wot for distances so I wanted to as much air and air flow as possible.
    I had three different plate setups
    Just about everyone that modded a HO was 64+. Very common.

+1
    I have owned two and ridden 4 and still have access to all 4 from 2004 to 2007. Every single one of them go less than 60. I have had 59.3 in excellent condition, empty tank and help of the current! None of them do 60! We have never hit 60 in the calmest,glassy ocean condition. You can count on 57 most days. For 58 and 59 you need to have the right condition and ours hit those numbers once in a while, non repeatable!

The 2007 has the R&D intake grate, air filter and flame arrestor mod and he only has gained 0.5 to mine stock!

You have an awesome ski or the condition you ride is far better than anything we have had which is possible but hitting 64-65, you will be faster than the stock 1.8L HO!
    Quote Originally Posted by BAR BAY H.O. View Post
    MR1FXHO stocks goes 60. Riva kit you are at 63-64. And with holes filled and plat you are at 64-65. I also had mine stripped of everything I could strip and also had additional cutout to engine bay (i inserted filter medium) to allow more air to draw from. Ski was used hard and held wot for distances so I wanted to as much air and air flow as possible.
    I had three different plate setups
    Just about everyone that modded a HO was 64+. Very common.

Your gps may not be positioned properly or some other variable is way off.
    I only rode that ski in tidal water. Same with the dozen or FXHO skis I have ridden with. And all skis are between 60-64 mph and you can make a gps say 65 on perfect conditions.
    Do a search and you will see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information