+1

PWC Today 2012 Ski of the Year Evaluation

About a week ago 6 riders took place in the evaluation of three 2012 model skis. They were the RXP-X, FX SHO, Kawi Ultra LX. The evaluations were done by a combination of pros and recreational riders. Here is one of Jeff Hemmel and you can find more posted here... http://www.iwannajetski.com/#!pics/v...kyway-ski-show I'll post more later.

+1
    I can see where this article will go. You have a supercharged Sea Doo and Yamaha, compared to the heaviest natural aspirated ski on the market. The Kawasaki Ultra LX. 160 HP for 933 pounds. Vince you know I am not here to start crap but I really do not feel this is a fair comparison at all. The SHO is huge even by today's standards. A great ski in concept and one that I can not wait to get on and I am considering for my next purchase BTW. They are using the smallest lightest most powerful Sea Doo, The largest heaviest rough water(not speed) hull of Yamaha, and the slowest ski of the entire Kawasaki line that is not even supercharged.
    Nothing against you but this article is total BS and in no way can be posted as a fair unbiased test. The lineup chosen has proven that.

+1
    I was thinking the same thing GL.

+1
    GL...I think you will be surprised as to the results. Not sure why Kawi wanted to put up the LX rather than the 300 but they did and from what I heard it did very well. Remember that this evaluation was not for racers and performance upgrade riders rather targeted towards a demographic of people that buy new skis every day. I have to read the details of the article but I understand they looked at all aspects from comfort and performance to maintenance and storage. That is why they had such a diverse group of judges as evidenced here with Amanda Cerny (Playboy Playmate http://vipcenterfolds.com/amanda-cerny/) that likes to ride..uhm skis.

+1
    Before the GH world I chose the LX out of everything out there in 07. I really liked the HUGE storage and fuel capacity. I still have my LX with 400 hours on it. For just strait recreation, the ride comfort the ultra hull offers, the storage to store the tent and all supplies for the weekend, Using it for fishing more than my boat and the reliability of the 1.5 NA engine that has been around for so long, I still recommend it to my family oriented rec riders. I will get rid of my LX only when they add trim and cruise to a new LX. I will definately get another.
    Each ot the other two are great skis and have their benifits but to have the 3 of them in a side by side just did not sound right to me. I am curious to rough and see what it was all about.

Thread Information