Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Buffalo - Niagara Falls Area - When are you getting wet?

Juts curious when you guys are going to splash this year?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog9999 View Post
    Juts curious when you guys are going to splash this year?
    Depends on mother nature but I am looking to go when the water temps hit around 55-60. Hopefully mid to late April this year. When are you looking to go out? Don't forget to stay in touch if you want to ride!

I am all prepped and ready, just waiting for the water to hit at least 50* before she drops in.

Both ski's are going to drop in on Saturday. May take a ride and see how they run, but the water temp is still just hovering around 50*. It is @ 44* at 30 ' deep at the entrance to the Upper Niagara. Hopefully mother nature will cooperate.

+1
    Both ski's are going to drop in on Saturday. May take a ride and see how they run, but the water temp is still just hovering around 50*. It is @ 44* at 30 ' deep at the entrance to the Upper Niagara. Hopefully mother nature will cooperate.
    BRRRRRRR, have fun with that lol. I should be wrapping mine up within the next week or two. There was a delay on a few things so I never finished getting my pump together. You know how to get ahold of me if you are still down to ride this year.

Well, Mother Nature is being a bitch again, so it will be at least another week now. We are supposed to get thunderstorms for 6 days straight after tomorrow. I really hate living here.

OK - so it looks like this Wednesday I will be dropping the ski in. 78* with a 30% chance of some light rain. Water temp at 10 feet is 58, at 30 feet is 47. What do you think Mark?

+1
    Doesn't sound bad to me. I will be working wednesday so no riding for me. I don't know how the water gets to 58* coming from a lake that is 44* in that short of distance and time. The air temp has been cool as well so unless the sun is super heating the water in that 4-5 mile stretch, I don't know where those readings are coming from but I am coming over to your house to ride if that's the case lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot785 View Post
    Doesn't sound bad to me. I will be working wednesday so no riding for me. I don't know how the water gets to 58* coming from a lake that is 44* in that short of distance and time. The air temp has been cool as well so unless the sun is super heating the water in that 4-5 mile stretch, I don't know where those readings are coming from but I am coming over to your house to ride if that's the case lol.
    I use wivb for the temps of the lake, and a submersible pool thermometer at the marina. As of right now, at thirty feet deep at the mouth of the Niagara River, it is @ 48*. At my marina at Three feet deep the water temp was at 56*. My Marina is in the "Little River" and has a total depth of around 16 feet. Not sure what the temp is at sunken, but my buddy Brian said last week it was at 51*.

+1
    I use wivb for the temps of the lake, and a submersible pool thermometer at the marina. As of right now, at thirty feet deep at the mouth of the Niagara River, it is @ 48*. At my marina at Three feet deep the water temp was at 56*. My Marina is in the "Little River" and has a total depth of around 16 feet. Not sure what the temp is at sunken, but my buddy Brian said last week it was at 51*.
    Gotcha. I launch mostly at the small boat harbor so I just go off what the water temps are there and they are in the upper 40's right now. The shallower waters in the river may get some sun and warm up a little faster but 51* is still cold in my book. I bet when you get into the swifter currents of the river that the temps will drop back into the mid to upper 40's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information