Thread: clutch life

+1

clutch life

my second clutch finally let go today. 91 hours on first one. 70 plus on second one. i cant complain. just bought one from corky. both were standard 08 and 09 clutches. i did try the first 10 fix and it lasted 3 hours and spat its teeth. im sticking with the original for now till i get enough dollar for the clutch system. 4 years on 2 clutches aint bad in my eyes. love my yamaha.

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    Were you able to get home okay under your own power and were there any bits, broken teeth and such that could do further damage? How long did it take for you to repair?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I only have 25 hrs on my set up.......Ive only beat it up in the ocean 1 time now.......about to be twice lol

+1
    i was ok i was on a small lake. no debris. just the sprag cage split. about an hour to get it off.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    What mods do you have on the ski, i have 176 hours on my sho and Clutch still strong. i had E1 set up with reflash turning over 8500 now stock wheel reflash turning 8600 and still hanging.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    What mods do you have on the ski, i have 176 hours on my sho and Clutch still strong. i had E1 set up with reflash turning over 8500 now stock wheel reflash turning 8600 and still hanging.
    You better knock on wood....I have over 230 hrs on mine, but recently started noticing a decrease in rpm even with the cooler air/water temps. It's also hiccupped on me a few times when mashing the throttle from cruising speeds. Keep in mind I'm only running the B1 wheel and have very good throttle control...rarely hear my BOV go off. Also, the majority of my riding is at cruising speeds.

I just ordered the riva dampener gear along with a 2011 clutch assembly today, so I should be good to go now

+1
    EDIT....just noticed you're back running the stock wheel.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    i been thinking about that B1, how does acceleration compares to stock ? do you think is worth to run that B1 with my current set up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dawg222 View Post
    You better knock on wood....I have over 230 hrs on mine, but recently started noticing a decrease in rpm even with the cooler air/water temps. It's also hiccupped on me a few times when mashing the throttle from cruising speeds. Keep in mind I'm only running the B1 wheel and have very good throttle control...rarely hear my BOV go off. Also, the majority of my riding is at cruising speeds.

I just ordered the riva dampener gear along with a 2011 clutch assembly today, so I should be good to go now
    same mine was starting to hicup and i didnt realsie until it let go . i'll know what to look for the next time. i will uprate mine next time around.

+1
    i been thinking about that B1, how does acceleration compares to stock ? do you think is worth to run that B1 with my current set up.
    I'm gonna havta hop on the fiance's ski next time we're out with both the skis...I have yet to ride it other than putting it on the trailer from the dock haha!
    It pulls hard IMO...leaves a smile on my face everytime I open it up

Thread Information