Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar

Question 2012 RXP-X stock bilge pump setup?

So I had a quick look in the back of the hull yesterday but I can't figure out exactly what's going on bilge pump wise.

The manual refers to the bung plugs as bilge holes or something. Is the bilge only expelling water when the bungs are unscrewed or is it emptying where the exhaust water comes out or somewhere else I can't see?

I get a fair bit of water inside doing 99% of my riding in the surf jumping waves and I'm wondering whether its a good idea to install an aftermarket Rule bilge + float switch or something like I had in my 08 TX. I really don't want to have to beach the damn thing every 2-3 hours and empty it.

When I washed it down the other day I noticed it took ages to drain even with both bungs out and sitting with the nose up in the air.

Thanks

+1
    Will have a bailer system that uses the jet pump to empty water which is good while the engine is running.

Even with the bailers working properly you will get some water that wont come out, eg sitting under the engine etc.

An aftermarket automatic bilge (electrical sensing type, not float switch) is a good idea as a backup eg blow a hose, carbon seal fails.

I use one of these: https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_i...AbsolutePage=1

Looking at getting one of those when mine comes as I have the same problem. Are they easy to install?

+1
    Fairly easy, as long as you don't mind drilling a 32mm hole in your hull!

+1
    It sounds like your getting a lot of water in your hull.... It should stay relatively dry, you sure something's not going wrong? The bailer setup will be that same as your tx.

+1
    Will a 500GPH be enough if carbon seal fail? or Just go twin 500GPH?

Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    Will have a bailer system that uses the jet pump to empty water which is good while the engine is running.

Even with the bailers working properly you will get some water that wont come out, eg sitting under the engine etc.

An aftermarket automatic bilge (electrical sensing type, not float switch) is a good idea as a backup eg blow a hose, carbon seal fails.

I use one of these: https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_i...AbsolutePage=1

+1
    Don't order from whitworths .....Seems theyre a bit over priced, Online prices are usually $100-$115 for the rule 1100's.

+1
    Whitworths is australian as per OP

Price is not great but not totally ridiculous for australia.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPX View Post
    So I had a quick look in the back of the hull yesterday but I can't figure out exactly what's going on bilge pump wise.

The manual refers to the bung plugs as bilge holes or something. Is the bilge only expelling water when the bungs are unscrewed or is it emptying where the exhaust water comes out or somewhere else I can't see?

I get a fair bit of water inside doing 99% of my riding in the surf jumping waves and I'm wondering whether its a good idea to install an aftermarket Rule bilge + float switch or something like I had in my 08 TX. I really don't want to have to beach the damn thing every 2-3 hours and empty it.

When I washed it down the other day I noticed it took ages to drain even with both bungs out and sitting with the nose up in the air.

Thanks
    I spend just as much time as you in the surf and ocean, I never have much water in the hull, in fact even after being completely underwater (check out our vid from the weekend on other post) there was not one drop of water in the front hatch it was amazing! The siphon hose is hooked up to the rear plugs with a strainer to let the water in to get sucked out, you can ride the ski without the rear plugs in, when I wash the engine bay you always get water in the back corners as the water doesn't go all the way up to the strainer when tilted up, but when riding, the ski is more level so the water is sucked out!

After i wash, I just suck it out with my wet vac, takes 30 seconds! To tell you the truth that is my only niggle with this ski!

If you have a lot of water in your hull just after riding, there is something wrong!

Have you checked your carbon seal?
    It's strange as your ski seems new.
    Is it under warranty?
    Did you touch the engine mounts?
    Is it possible to ride it with the seat off and check to see if the water enters from that area?
    Maybe your bilge plugs aren't in properly.
    Also are all the hoses on tight from the exhaust manifold and water box?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information