+1

300X Electrical Question.

Does anybody know how to find out where the "Joint Connectors" are specifically located in the wiring harness. The "Wiring Diagram" shows MANY of them, but doesn't indicate their location in the harness itself. In particular I'm looking for "Joint Connector J (Speed Sensor Signal)".

+1
    Can you elaborate on what for... ? The main connector for the speed sensor is behind the intercooler... as far as a splice goes, Im fairly certain it goes straight to the ECU

+1
    The "ELECTRICAL SYSTEM - Wiring Diagram" in the Service Manual shows the Speed Sensor output going to "Joint Connector J" and then splitting to both the "Meter Unit" (display), and the "ECU".

There are MANY "Joint Connectors" shown in the diagram, and it would be useful/helpful to know where they are located for troubleshooting/modifications...

BTW: I already queried the "factory", and I'm waiting for their reply/help...

+1
    I'm almost certain that the "joint connector" that you are referring to dosen't exist.

I think it's built into the harness.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by eel View Post
    I'm almost certain that the "joint connector" that you are referring to dosen't exist.pl

I think it's built into the harness.
    Yup x2 ...... The harness is all plugs at the ecu

Banned User
    +1
    how about this..... why are you looking for that connector? any problems? i probably cant solve them but waz, fire, and nickjak been around the block they know these things rather well!

+1
    Actually I'm not havind any electrical problems... I was just looking for a potential "better" way to connect the Riva SCOM output. The threads I've read so far in reference to installaing the Riva SCOM seem to have a few issues getting the SCOM output connection to seat properly, and stay seated on the ECU connector. What I was thinking is if I could break the sensor output connection going to the ECU at "Joint Connector J", and tap into it there, it might be a more reliable connection. It was just a thought! I have looked at what's easily visible on the wiring harness, and I tend to agree that the most of the connections/splices are probably made, and taped into the harness. My thought was centered around not disturbing the connection(s) at the ECU... Thanks for the interest in helping!

Banned User
    +1
    Buy the R&D one since it has the propped size wire It's does not have a issue with connection further more it takes less then 10 min to install total.

+1
    Thanks for the thought about the R&D SCOM... I actually bought the Riva SCOM last year when I bought the JetSki back in late March early April. My plan at that point was to wait until break in/getting used to the JetSki before I went about modifying it. Truth be told, the 300X is plenty of JetSki without the extra MPH. BUT I hate the thought of "leaving anything on the table" when it comes to speed!

Unfortunately the R&D SCOM wasn't released till much later. Given the extra time to develop, the R&D SCOM is just a little better thought out when it comes to the installation... The R&D SCOM gets "switched AND fused" power from the diagnostic port plug. Where the Riva SCOM has a direct connection to the battery without the benefit of a fuse...

My plan WAS to try to figure out where ALL the "Joint Connectors" are, and tap into one of them for fused & switched power. Also as I mentioned above, cut and splice into the speed sensor output going to the ECU.

My plan NOW is to add an inline fuse, and install the Riva SCOM output as directed... AGAIN thanks for the advice/input!

Thread Information