Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Considering buying - Need input on a 2007 VX Cruiser

Hi all,

I have a handle on a 2007 VX Cruiser with 45 hours, the owner says she bought it new in 2007, used it that year, and then hasn't really used it since then (Divorce, bills, etc). It's been kept covered and starts right up. Since it's generally been sitting for the past 4 years, what should I look for other than water or oil leaks while running? If it starts and runs fine with no leaks, is it safe to assume it should be mechanically OK and just needs to have the fluids changed and other maintenance done?

Normally I'd pass on one that's been sitting so much, but I thought it would be worth a look considering it's a Cruiser and I could get it for basically half the price of a new one and it comes with a double trailer and some extras.

Thanks!

+1
    You are in so cal! How much is he asking for?
    I would do two things: 1. A test ride and 2. A compression check!

If you are close to Dana Point, ask him to come to the ramp and take the ski for a test drive, once all is well, take it to Chris (I guess that's what's his name) at Dana Point Jetski and have him look at it and do a compression check! He will charge you $20-$30 for that!

This way, you don't drag the guy multiple times! If all is well, give him the money and take the ski home
    Of course take a good look around the engine and inside the hull make sure everything looks clean and there's no rust!

+1
    She has it listed for $6000 but I asked her yesterday if she'd take $5000 and she said she'd call me back in the next 1-2 days but more than likely she'd take it.

Unfortunately, she's up in the high desert (Phelan, west of Hesperia) so my best bet would be to try and get it out on Silverwood. She says the registration is current but the sticker isn't on the boat...so getting it on the lake may prove difficult unless she has the sticker and can just slap it on.

I'm pretty dang technical/mechanical, so doing checks myself isn't a big deal. Main concern is there being "hidden" damage that wipes out the good price and then some. What size plugs does it use? I can grab a compression test kit and bring it with me to test right there.

Option #2 is a 2007 VX 110 (Looks like a VX Sport) with ~80 hours, single-ski trailer, garage kept, maintenance done every year instead of by hours, never put in salt, and asking $5000.

I was really wanting the Cruiser for the seat and reverse, but...man this VX 110 is pretty and clean.

+1
    If it's a she driver and its only been in lake since she lives close to silverwood lake, you probably will have no issue with the ski! If it rides fine, revs up fine then don't worry about it much!

How are you intending to use the ski? Ocean riding?

I would look for a clean FX HO Cruiser. You can easily find one $6K and below! I would personally not spend $5K on any kind of VX but that's just me!

+1
    I'd love an FX Cruiser, but not having much luck finding one for $6k or less. I found a listing for one for $6200 but it's already gone.

Use would be towing kids on a tube (They're 6 and 10) and ocean riding (Probably just myself doing group/club rides). I also have a '94 WaveRaider that's virtually brand-new but it's only a 2-up and not something that would make for a comfortable ocean/bay cruiser.

If you know of any FXs for ~$6k please let me know.

Thanks!

+1
    That's the one I saw in Riverside with 23 hours? is it sold?? That was quick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yahooligan View Post
    I'd love an FX Cruiser, but not having much luck finding one for $6k or less. I found a listing for one for $6200 but it's already gone.

Use would be towing kids on a tube (They're 6 and 10) and ocean riding (Probably just myself doing group/club rides). I also have a '94 WaveRaider that's virtually brand-new but it's only a 2-up and not something that would make for a comfortable ocean/bay cruiser.

If you know of any FXs for ~$6k please let me know.

Thanks!

+1
    If I could find a buyer for a 2000 XL1200 Limited then I found a nice 2006 FX HO Cruiser with 40 hours, only used 1-2 times per year and yearly maintenance done. He'd take $8500 for both including a 2006 double trailer.

The XL1200 has 121 hours or so on it according to the seller. If I could get $3500-$4000 for it with a single trailer then I may be able to swing it, seller said he didn't want to sell just the FX and wants to sell everything together. What do you think the XL1200 with a trailer would sell for? Locally I see a 1998 XL1200 for sale with a price of $3500 with trailer.

Or, I could sell the WaveRaider...but it's a fun little ski, something that can't be said about the XL1200 since it's so big. I like the idea of having something small and quick and something big and good for cruising.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReza View Post
    Yup, that's the one. I called him yesterday afternoon and it's already sold.

I called about these today, they're the ones the guy doesn't want to sell separately.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/2840410407.html

+1
    I have no experience with the XL1200 market! Unless someone is targeting that ski, I can't imagine someone would pay $4K for a two stroke these days! I'd tell the guy if you change your mind on selling the FX HO Cruiser (BTW, that's the one I own) let me know!

You will have too much trouble selling anything these days but more so when they are 2 stroke!

Wait, I am confident you can find an FX HO sub $6K! More like $5K! These people who are posting and asking $7800 for an 06 FX HO Cruiser have absolutely no clue what these things sell for! In the last 6 months I have seen same ads and all over priced!

I sold my 2004 FX HO Cruiser in immaculate condition, extremely taken care for, oil change every 25 hours for $4400 without trailer! I did have 180 hours. The guy became my friend and now we are riding to Catalina together! I have done his oil changes for him to help him and he's doing a great job maintaining it! He now has 250 hours and that ski is faster than my 06! It's ticking like a swiss watch! Where in SoCal do you live?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information