+1

mudbug shipping from chicago area??

Question for you guys, Im new to this sport, coming from motorcycles and we shipped our bikes to a lot of events, have any of you guys shipped your watercraft to events?? my guy (thunder road motorcycle transport)said he could do it for 450.00 round trip if he could get 20 of them in a 53 foot double stack trailer, hes got 15 yrs exp shipping big dollar motorcycles and hes fully insured. But they couldnt be on trailers. He would put them in on blankets and shipping blocks then strap them down and then get them out at location. (1) I guess the real big question is would you leave your watercraft in the water the hole event??? (2)Is this a foolish idea? (3) would any body be intrested in this? (4) If they were left in the water is there some where to leave them , and would they still be there in the morning??? i know theres a lot of details to work out but does this sound fesable or to much work!!! With the price of gas and 17hrs driving each way, is it worth shipping and flying down?????? Ive never been there and i dont even now if theres anywhere to leave them!! thanks

+1
    I did some basic math to try and answer your question: Chi-town to MC is about 1K miles. Conservatively figuring you'll get 12 mpg (IDK what you're driving) pulling a ski, you'll need 83 gallons of gas. Price that at $4.00/gallon and you'll have spent $332. to get here, times 2 for round trip = $664. I don't know for sure, but $664. round trip sounds cheaper than shipping at $450, plus a round-trip flight. Not to mention, should you ship n fly, you will be separated from your ski.

Now, post up and look for another Yankee MBer headed this way, hook up w/a WC2 trailer and you'll cut your expenses in half. My advice, go to the MB threads - (http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38) and start a thread about looking for a "teammate" or at least a caravan to join that is departing from somewhere near you.

We'd love to have you down here; MB is like nothing else...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by warner0308 View Post
    Question for you guys, Im new to this sport, coming from motorcycles and we shipped our bikes to a lot of events, have any of you guys shipped your watercraft to events?? my guy (thunder road motorcycle transport)said he could do it for 450.00 round trip if he could get 20 of them in a 53 foot double stack trailer, hes got 15 yrs exp shipping big dollar motorcycles and hes fully insured. But they couldnt be on trailers. He would put them in on blankets and shipping blocks then strap them down and then get them out at location. (1) I guess the real big question is would you leave your watercraft in the water the hole event??? (2)Is this a foolish idea? (3) would any body be intrested in this? (4) If they were left in the water is there some where to leave them , and would they still be there in the morning??? i know theres a lot of details to work out but does this sound fesable or to much work!!! With the price of gas and 17hrs driving each way, is it worth shipping and flying down?????? Ive never been there and i dont even now if theres anywhere to leave them!! thanks
    The only marina in the area with slips is Lake end park which would be a great location IF there are any open slips. Personally I would just make the drive. Get a flatbed/car type trailer and throw some bunks on it. Carry 4 skis on it and carpool or can get one guy to make the drive while the rest fly. This way you will have the trailer here just in case one is needed. Anything can happen. The marina is very safe but if something happens and you need to do some work on your ski it may be tough in the water.

Thread Information