Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Help Me Decide.....and save my marriage

I'm putting this out to the Polaris brotherhood. Seeking some advice here on what to do as I am torn between my skis. Today I kinda bought another one, its my dream ski really - an 04 MSX 140. I got it for the price of the trailer and as one would expect some engine work is in order, just the way I like it So here is my problem, if I come home with another ski I'm pretty much gonna be out on the street. Since you are all on the other side of the pond I can't really turn up on your doorstep in that event...so.....What ski do I give up? I have the 00' pro 785 project, stalled but well and truly alive and I have the 01' gp1200r running and its a great ride. While the Yamaha is a good ride I can't help thinking if I let the pro go I will live to regret it as I have invested too much time into it now. Since I mainly do rec I'm thinking the pro will come out and give me the crazy off your nuts ride from time to time, and the MSX can be used more for the family. I also like the idea of having a tandem trailer with 2 of the best ever to come out of the Polaris factory. From an economic side I have a great stash of Polaris parts, pump parts, impellers etc that I can interchange by being a Polaris only man. I would like to keep all 3, but that ain't possible so what do you think I should do here? I have a feeling I know what y'all will say, I'm leaning to Polaris only I just need some man love here

+1
    Hide it at a friends house?

+1
    The wife or the GPR??? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post

Banned User
    +1
    Just tell her you bought it for her to ride.

+1
    You've got way to much blood sweat and $$ in either to sell them. You know my personal rides are a modded gpr and 785 also. 785 for carving and playing and gpr for sheer exileration. Ive been in your shoes Many times Too many times. Lol. Key is you didn't buy a msx. You bought HER a msx because you want her to have the stable safe ride. Make it all about her and never use the words "my ski". Always "your ski". Remember "better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Already organized

Step 1, make a completely emotional decision I gotta have that....check!

Step 2, Think about the repercussions....the wife already has been abolished from the garage to the driveway, if I move her car to the street theres gonna be hell to pay.

Step 3, call in a favor I need somewhere to hide this thing for a while....check!

Step 4, post pics on the hulk.....coming soon

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    Get rid of your wife j/k. The "stable" MSX is really a playful ski in disguise. Ask me how I know. she could have a lot of fun on it. You have a nice selection there. Tough choice.

Or tell her your Canadian buddy has 4 now and HIS wife is cool with that (okay, that's me), or rent yourself a storage locker/garage to keep them there. Outta sight outta mind

Would love to stash your skis for you. I'd have to make sure they're running properly on a regular basis tho.

+1
    +1 at a friends house
    I tried the "its for you, its your ski" method and failed, shes still pissed about it a month later and probably more now that she gets to see all three sitting under the carport getting prepped for summer.....oh well!

+1
    I would sell the yamaha as it's worth way more money then the 785 and this way you have more play money and she won't miss the money your putting in the msx

What a Dilema....Don't want to be you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information