Thread: 2012 RXP-X

2012 RXP-X

Thinking about buying one of these, saw one yesterday and think it looks real good. I was surprised at the price it was lower than I thought, out the door for 14k. Still a lot of money for a ski, but cheaper than I thought they were going to try to get for it.

Couple of concerns:

I'm 6' 4" and when I sat on it with my knees under the support, it almost felt too small for the length of my legs.

Also wondering how this hull design is and how it handles, Supposedly its designed to be a ridden to lean into the turn. This is a plus, as long as it is completely true.

Any feedback on this ski would be helpful, before I drop 14k on it.

Thanks

+1
    I am 6'9" and rode it at the demo and loved it, but I agree...With long legs it is a bit uncomfortable, I am thinking about buying one as well....

It is a lean in style riding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I am 6'9" and rode it at the demo and loved it, but I agree...With long legs it is a bit uncomfortable, I am thinking about buying one as well....

It is a lean in style riding!!!
    yea, everything im hearing is that this isnt for tall riders.

Not exactly what I was looking for...

I am 6' 3" and it is a bit small for my long legs as well. I can ride it but need to tuck my feet back a bit to get my knee up into the seat to turn.
    This is probably the best turning PWC ever built. It is not for everyone though. It now comes from BRP with a handlebar hang tag warning label that this boat is not for less experienced riders.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtperf View Post
    I am 6' 3" and it is a bit small for my long legs as well. I can ride it but need to tuck my feet back a bit to get my knee up into the seat to turn.
    This is probably the best turning PWC ever built. It is not for everyone though. It now comes from BRP with a handlebar hang tag warning label that this boat is not for less experienced riders.
    I agree with the warning label warning... and almost flew the first time when trying without the ergolock ( stand up style )
    I went back to my dealer and told them to not remove the label from the ski! ( mine was remove when they deliver it )
    Do not let unexeperience rider ride that ski!

This is not a ski you can ride standing. You get the most out of it in the sitting position and putting as much weight on your outside foot. The more you keep it flat the better it will turn. It is by far the best handling stock ski made.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar
    Yeah and the brakes are handy too.

Just make sure to tell ur riding buddies to dodge if they see massive amounts of water shooting into the air because they won't be able to see you through the water or stop nearly as fast.

I almost made a jetski centipede with an FZR on the weekend.

Thread Information