turbocharger clicking noise

i bought my f-12x last year from a family friend. he didnt know much about it since he used to take it and get serviced. when i got it i never heard the turbo whine. it only makes a clicking sound when it slows down. any idea what i can do to get it back right before summer?? please and thanks!!

+1
    R u sure its the turbo thats clicking if ur ski has all the stock ducting under the hood i dont see how ur turbo could be clicking . But if it realy is clicking u would need to pull the intake pipe off that runs to filter so u can spin the turbine wheel by hand if it then dont click its not ur turbo

greatly appreciated. i looked a little harded and i found that the oil feed line was rusted to oblivion so i have a feeling that my turbo is lacking lube. any idea where i can get the a replacement oem line?

+1
    I got a few oem parts from discounthondaparts.com i think thats the address. They were $50cheaper that anywhere else on a stock prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman555 View Post
    greatly appreciated. i looked a little harded and i found that the oil feed line was rusted to oblivion so i have a feeling that my turbo is lacking lube. any idea where i can get the a replacement oem line?
    I doubt that is an issue. The outside can be rusted but the inside will be perfect. If it were to rust through, you would quickly pump out all oil into the hull and the engine would stop with major damage.

I think what you hear is a normal noise. If your skis performance is good, Rpm>6000, then I would just spray crc on the oil lines & turbo exterior and not worry about it.

thanks much. also, beings that im a welder, i was also thinking about making a custom air breather and getting rid of that bulky breather box since its a pain to take out. would it affect anything. my idea would mainly be a miniature cold air intake

Thread Information