Gong to try Jetskifishing!

I just joined here. Im planning to setup my 07 GTX to do a little fishing with my 9 y.o. Nothing fancy. I ordered a coolermate off ebay, and will head over to Bass Pro to get some rod holders.

Im thinking about picking up a Lowerance Elite 4 since it seems to be a good fit for a ski. Anyone have any opinions about this unit?

+1
    He mi-ski, welcome to the forum. Here's a few thoughts - Two on one ski? Good luck w/that, but be careful. I have no experience w/the the fish/depth finders, but then again, I'm an inshore fisherman confined to mostly shallow water (10' or less). Don't spend a whole lot (yet), until you're sold this is a sport you want to pursue - unless, of course, you are in the market for new/more gear. If you're going off shore, that is a whole 'nother game, and you must be prepared for the worst. Before spending any money, you might want to consider reading up on JSB site: http://jetskibrian.com He's got tons of info about rigging a ski as well as other threads contained within this section of the forum.

Good luck and be sure to post up some pix of your rig and fishing reports.

Ive actually been doing quite a bit of reading and research. I had planned to make your cooler holder but I found a good deal on Ebay for the Coolermate for $169 shipped. Im not planning to do anything elaborate, mostly because I plan to use it for day cruising as we always have, I have an 02' GTX DI as well. Im trying not to make any permanent changes to the ski. I just updated my location but Im in Michigan. I dont have plans to go offshore in saltwater but I may venture out into Lake Michigan in the Traverse Bay area. Mainly I just plan to fish the many lakes within a 30 minute drive of my house. Ill post some pics when I get it all setup.

+1
    Yep, there are plenty of options for rigging for fishing. My rack is but one of probably a dozen or so solutions. And I would def go the cheapest route to start. Look forward to hearing more from you.

+1
    Welcome mi-skidoo! I think that you will enjoy this forum. It is amazing the amount of informative discussions that take place here. I thoroughly enjoy it.

I fish two off of my 05 rxt. (inshore of course) it really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Would I rather fish alone on it? Yes of course, but all in all not that bad. Approximately 4to5hrs is my max time with 2.

83Gator,
    Do you know what it would take to be able to upload from mobile to forum? That would make my day!
    Knowing myself, there may already be a way and I haven't figured it out. I gave up on my laptop cause I was tired of it constantly crashing. I use my phone for everything now. I just wish I could post pix.

+1
    Hey Tim, if it involves anything w/uploads from a phone - find a kid! They'll know how to do it. I do know that I can make posts from my Iphone to GH, but I don't think I've ever posted a picture. Also, check out this thread - it may answer your question: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147673

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...1&d=1332076668
    i just finished my set up today. Its for the mississippi river so its quite basic. most of the time im on the sandbar anyway. I hope i loaded the pictures right. if not i will try again

Quote Originally Posted by mi-skidoo View Post
    Ive actually been doing quite a bit of reading and research. I had planned to make your cooler holder but I found a good deal on Ebay for the Coolermate for $169 shipped. Im not planning to do anything elaborate, mostly because I plan to use it for day cruising as we always have, I have an 02' GTX DI as well. Im trying not to make any permanent changes to the ski. I just updated my location but Im in Michigan. I dont have plans to go offshore in saltwater but I may venture out into Lake Michigan in the Traverse Bay area. Mainly I just plan to fish the many lakes within a 30 minute drive of my house. Ill post some pics when I get it all setup.
    Go to my gh page and you can see better pics of my coolermate

Thread Information