Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

Prop tuning slowed me down...

First off, although I am little bummed, this is in no way a "bash" or "disgruntlement" towards Erik. Reputations are well-earned and his reputation is very good.
    I have already left Erik a VM and an email with my numbers. I hope guys like Duke see this thread and can offer some insight.

I am merely looking for some more tech info. I know not many of us ride the suspension skis, which are much heavier than a regular RXT. (about 125lbs)

SKI: 2010 RXTiS
    MODS: GPS limiter removed, RIVA Air intake for iS skis added (not a true cold air)
    PROP: Solas 14/22 out of the box

Numbers with stock intake Grate: Unknown...pump stuffed and I don't remember much else other than leaving the ski at 72-73ish or so. Not running that again even though it's probably the fastest.

Numbers with Worx or RD Grate on stock prop: See attached pic.

PROP MODS: Set back and pitched to 12.5/21.5, Erik's nose cone added.

Numbers today: 68.8 into slight wind, 69.1 with wind. Water was very smooth, no Grate (RD vs Worx) was faster than the other. (with just the right sized ripple, the Worx grate will run faster due to some prop aeration that results in a 100 rpm boost)
    RPM's were stuck at 8040.
    Ski accelerated quick, but when it approached 68 or so, it felt like a brake was put on.
    Temp was nearly the same as last test and the fuel was at 2 bars. Granted the fuel was a little old.

Possible issue affecting performance: My ski has a habit of moving backwards in neutral. It appears the bucket is too far down. (BRP and my dealer are working this out) It's possible the bucket is not raising all the way while in Forward?????

Future Mods???: I have a 5 year FACTORY warranty and I don't want to void it. I'm not sure what else I can do to the ski that would be "kosher". No offense to V-Tech, but 600 bucks for a MAYBE 1 more mph doesn't sound appealing either.

Thoughts??? Input???

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Speed test 2 26.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	266504  

+1
    All your runs are consistent for the given RPM. You cant just add pitch and a grate without add HP to turn it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    I am merely looking for some more tech info. I know not many of us ride the suspension skis, which are much heavier than a regular RXT. (about 125lbs)

Future Mods???: I have a 5 year FACTORY warranty and I don't want to void it. I'm not sure what else I can do to the ski that would be "kosher". No offense to V-Tech, but 600 bucks for a MAYBE 1 more mph doesn't sound appealing either.

Thoughts??? Input???

Thanks.
    this thing sounds pretty good to me considering the weight....

the V-tech will give way more than 1mph because you can depitch your prop and get the Rs up for some easy speed, you can always reflash the ECU back to stock when you take it to the dealer

+1

Speeds

Or you can be happy with an honest 70 and ride all day, not wrench, save money and time and enjoy.

+1
    prop tuning really is hit or miss.....unfortunately,it may take a few tries to get it right....

+1
    duke is 1 day turn around from you. send it to him.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tchies View Post
    Or you can be happy with an honest 70 and ride all day, not wrench, save money and time and enjoy.
    Hard to argue with your logic. It's run 72 on the GPS before. Would like to see solid 73, but I won't spend a crap load to get there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    All your runs are consistent for the given RPM. You cant just add pitch and a grate without add HP to turn it.

+1 what was your RPMs on your stock prop? Where you on the limiter?

+1
    Everyone on this thread, including your self has missed a VERY IMPORTANT factor with your ski!

"RPM's were stuck at 8040."

8040 RPM is your LIMIT - that IS your problem - as long as you have a STOCK ECU you will never get past this problem! When you overshoot 8040 rpm the ECU will pull back to 7800-7860 rpm then creep back up to 8040 rpm. Jerry and I posted this topic very early on with the RIVA SCOM GPS bypass module. The stock ECU has several limits such as GPS speed, MAP boost, 8040 rpm, soft and hard rpm limits, etc, etc.

The ONLY solution is a ECU re-flash.

You can change out and modify everything on this ski and you will still have this problem UNTIL you re-flash that ECU!!!!

Erik did his job....UNCORK your ECU and you WILL have your ski flying!!!!!!!

Jerry's post FEB 2011 - http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...highlight=SCOM

TUNING INFORMATION:
    The iControl Engine Management System has several factory limitations that must be considered when tuning/modifying your
    watercraft.

GPS Controlled Speed Limiter:
    U.S. models are governed to 67mph and International models are governed to 72mph. Note that this is actual speed as measured
    by hand held GPS and not speed displayed on instrument cluster. Speed limiter function is completely removed on both U.S. and
    International models when using RIVA Speed Control Override Module.

Engine RPM Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a factory engine RPM limiter set at 8,040rpm. Target engine RPM for modified applications
    should be 7,900-8,000rpm. The design of the iControl engine rev limiter allows the craft to run closer to limit than previous
    generation Sea-Doo’s without surging or losing power. iControl system will automatically close throttle as needed to reduce RPM if
    engine rev limit is reached.

Torque Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a control system that calculates throttle position, boost pressure & engine RPM to limit maximum torque. When torque limit is exceeded, system will close throttle as needed to stay within factory specifications.

+1
    doh!!!
    Last edited by UNSANE; 03-16-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: doh!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information