Thru hull exhaust

I just ordered a 42s and an XCharger for my 08 RXT, and am contemplating buying a thru hull. I have a few questions though .... Is the through hull with the riva water box unbearably loud? Would i need to buy a 15/20 rather than the 14/19? Just trying to figure out what prop i should buy ...

+1
    No, its not unbarebly loud but in the end it comes down to personal preference. I'd reccomend going on youtube and watching some videos of the different exhaust setups so that you can get an idea. As for the prop, i'd say the 14/19 will be fine, the 15.20 will be to steep for an RXT IMO.

+1
    What type of intake and IC are you running? The Riva box will be loud, you cannot tell much difference on the hose but riding hard in the ruff coming unhooked and getting off throttle it is alot louder than just a through hull. The Riva box will give you about 50-100 RPM and more crisp throttle response if you can stand the noise.

Intake is a 4" kanaflex , stock IC .... thinking about going with an external IC of some kind, but don't i need to go RRFPR if i do that? Im trying to avoid having to change the fuel system TOO much .... I don't mind switching out to 50s and getting a RIVA tune if i can do so reliably...

LIVING THE DREAM IN KEY WEST FLORIDA pcorpion's Avatar
    hey guy you definitly want to buy the riva water box and through hull system .i think it sounds bad ass the ski sounds like it goes 100 mph .its one of the best things that i did to my fzr .the only thing that might be beter is maybee taking the stock water box out and gut it . and have it re welded back together i heared from green hulk member that it was a more throuhtier sound witch to me i think that would sound beter ,but the riva box if you can afford it is bad ass .and remember this " if its to loud there to old "

+1
    My waterbox

+1
    imo youtube doesn't do it justice for how loud it is in person. I like my riva waterbox tho, a rrfpr isn't as bad as it sounds you should be monitoring afr anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

Thread Information