2000 Ultra 150 question

I've just started to rebirth my 00 ultra and after a very long time the engine seized ,so took it to my local kawi dealer and a new top end rebuild is on the way.My question is this after reading virtually everything on here I asked them to check the pump since I,m thinking it also probably needs a rebuild they say they checked it but i,m not too sure, so my question in order to remove the engine does the pump also come out or are they separate?

+1
    The jet pump? It's separate.

Thanks so probably as soon as the engine is back on working order I'll probably have to change the bearings and seals on the pump. Another question I'm gonna be running 50:1 premix on the first tank should i continue using say 100:1 or after the first tank just go no premix and stick with the autolube

+1
    I pre-mixed mine for 10 hours at 50:1. Hours 5-10 were at full throttle. Don't run it too hard during the first couple of hours, but you don't want to baby it, either. You need to seat those rings, and you need extra oil when you're doing that.

Thanks for the help Steve and will do

run both premix and oil injection. i usually just dump oil into the tank before i fill up no certain amount just pour a few drops in for piece of mind

+1
    [QUOTE=kiyama;1899287]I've just started to rebirth my 00 ultra and after a very long time the engine seized ,so took it to my local kawi dealer and a new top end rebuild is on the way.My question is this after reading virtually everything on here I asked them to check the pump since I,m thinking it also probably needs a rebuild they say they checked it but i,m not too sure, so my question in order to remove the engine does the pump also come out or are they separate?[/QUOTE[

if you dont have one already get a shreadmaster rideplate makes it handle 100% better and adds about 4 mph.

+1
    BUMP

+1
    As mentioned above, the jet pump is separate. It comes off from the back. The first time its removed can be rather difficult.

First time you remove your engine it will take about an hour. Second time you remove your engine it will take about 20 minutes. For the people that have done this know what i'm talking about.

Steve is right on with not babying it. When the Cylinders are freshly honed, there is cross-etching you can see on the walls of the cylinders. When new rings are put on the pistons, they aren't perfectly seated to the cylinder walls. When you first start your engine, there is a small window to seat the rings to the cylinder walls before it glazes as the cross-etching acts as a file to properly fit the rings to the walls. I have always got on my motors when freshly built right away to blow the small metallic shavings out the exhaust rather than them clogging up the ring lands. I have used this break in procedure with every race car motor I have built and have always had the fastest motors of people with the identical build. Not saying to stay on full throttle the whole break in period but when you first get it on the lake, get on it right away to seat the rings then proceed with the proper break in technique by riding at varied RPM ranges for short periods of time.

Thread Information