Exclamation Took on water today!!!! ;(

Well back in december, My brother was towing the jetski and the winch broke and the ski fell of the trailer. There was minor damage to the hull with some scrapes and the ride plate had to be replaced. Well after 2 months, i got it back last weekend and took it out today. It worked fine until i slowed down to idle, then went to plane and it had a hard time. I checked the engine compartment, and saw a small amount of water in it. I tried to make it home to my boat ramp which was about 5 miles away. The ski then kept losing RMP's till it was taking on a tun of water. I then signaled some boater down to tell him that i was sinking so he followed me, then it couldnt get on plane at all. So i gave it full throttle leaned forward to get it to plane but it wouldn't. It maxed out at 4000 RPM's and i was going down fast. I tried everything and just ran it up on a boat ramp. If it would have been in the water another minute, it would have been gone. So now its beached on a ramp. I checked the plugs to make sure they were in, and of course they were. When i beached it, the engine just died and shut off. The whole engine compartment was filled with water and the engine was completely submerged. I called my buddy to get my car from my boat ramp and come pick me up at the other one. We got the ski on the trailer, but it was so heavy it broke the winch. So with stern tie down traps, a rope, and a safety chain we tied it onto the trailer and tool it immediately to the dealership. They said they would flush it, take everything apart to dry including the electronics. Then they would inspect the damage, extend the warranty, then go from there. They put my life in danger due to their negligence, so im wondering if i should take them to court. The engine wont start, so i demanded a new ski and their insurance to pay for it, but they said they would just extend the warranty. THIS IS INSANE. The ski is an RXT 260 IS 2011 with 21 hours on it. What do i do. The ski is ruined and they just want to extend the warranty. I could have drowned because of their negligence. They also tested it in thier pond and said it was fine but not. I also have witness's who saw me yelling for help at the boat ramp on my way in. WHAT DO I DO?

+1
    I am sorry for your loss!

Read post #29 and on, in this recent thread: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=172031&page=3

this is all do to the dealer's negligence after they certified it to run well. They have a fire under their a** right now. The only thing they offered me was to replace the trailer winch that broke when trying to pull it up because it was so heavy, and to extend the warranty.

After the excitement of getting it back, that's bad.

Will they fix it under warranty again? Do they know the issue is related to them?

+1
    Maybe you should sue your brother for treating ski like crap from day one. I remember reading about this some time back. should have let it sink and floated in.

+1
    My point was, a bilge pump or two would have helped your situation significantly and occurrences just like yours prove that shit happens and justify their usefulness!

Thread Information