Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP battery and top speed trouble

Im new to the forum and also am the owner of my first sea doo. I bought it needing the supercharger rebuilt, instrument cluster replaced, and trim fixed. Now I took it on its first repaired test ride and after four hours of riding the battery was no longer strong enough to crank it. It will stay charged all winter but will not last a day while out riding. Ive heard it could be the voltage regulator or rectifier. Are both of these located on top of the gas tank? or somewhere else? Also I bought the ski with the understanding that it was 70mph capable but it will not outrun my buddy's turbo honda that tops out at 63-64. My rxp is reading 66-68 side by side with the honda and will not turn over 7040rpm unless its in reverse. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Welcome to greenhulk. The rectifier is located on top of the stock airbox/gas tank.. Max rpm's should be 8100, what year is your seadoo? could be a multitude of things. Who rebuilt your supercharger? How many hrs are on the ski?

Welcome to GH! What was the situation with the supercharger; why did it need rebuilding? If it lost the ceramic washers, was the engine pulled, fully disassembled and cleaned out?

Pretty sure it is the rectifier then because there are two unused plugs and an open rectangle on top of the airbox/gastank. My ski is a 2006. I rebuilt the supercharger myself with a rebuild kit and tool kit and torqued it to specs. Had to rebuild it because the washers were worn out and you could spin it by hand. Hours were unknown upon purchase but believed to be around 100 (that was the section of the cluster that was messed up) New cluster started over at 0.

+1
    buds at the dealership can marry the cluster to the ecu and also see how many hrs are on it. you are def missing the rectifier then. still sounds like your s/c is slipping if it's only spinning 7000 rpms. did it still have all the washers before you rebuilt it?

It has already been taken to the dealership and hooked up to buds, still only showing one hour and that's from an hour of riding since the install. Pretty sure washers were there. Don't remember 100% because it was partially disassembled when I purchased it. Also, with it being my first sea doo, I didn't know what the washers looked like until I had removed everything from the shaft and was reading the installation instructions.

Also, would you still think the supercharger is what is holding it back when it will rev to 8000 or 8100 when in reverse but at WOT in forward it only revs to 7000?

+1
    Check to make sure the rectifier fuse is tight

+1
    you should never have to rev that much in reverse. it's possible the supercharger lost it's slipping moment

I know it doesn't have to rev that high in reverse, but it was momentarily skipping or something and that was the only way to rev without really moving. And it will rev that high anytime I try in reverse but never in forward

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information