+1

Air intake done - FUN

Well today I did a air intake mod to my fzs and cost only $35 just a pod filter joined on the factory intake pipe. Took in out for a ride and yes I can notice a big change the biggest I have notice yet.
    I feel the the low and mid range is much better could not get any good top speed runs as the river was really bad half a meter swell in some parts but still got 69.4 with a full tank so should see the 70 mark I hope in good weather. What is the fast speed you can get on the stock prop?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Im running 74+ with mine.......repitched

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fzsaust View Post
    Well today I did a air intake mod to my fzs and cost only $35 just a pod filter joined on the factory intake pipe. Took in out for a ride and yes I can notice a big change the biggest I have notice yet.
    I feel the the low and mid range is much better could not get any good top speed runs as the river was really bad half a meter swell in some parts but still got 69.4 with a full tank so should see the 70 mark I hope in good weather. What is the fast speed you can get on the stock prop?
    nice, on a stock prop the most you are going to runs is 70 to 71 and i see you have the ribbon removal so you have to be on the limiter. you need to repitched your stock prop to 12/23 i think it is.

+1
    fzsaust could you post pic of the Tommy jordan free flow you have on your ski i want to put a free flow on mine.

+1
    I hit 72.?? on the stock prop in 60 degree salt water and about 60-65 degree air (hitting the limiter). That was with an R&D ride plate and intake grate, an air intake mod similar to yours, ribbon delete, and the R&D intercooler spacer, and modified stock exhaust. Since then, I've gotten a new prop, intercooler, and rideplate and some other mods (see sig), but have never GPS'd my speed with the changes since I rarely ride in conditions where I'll be able to get to top speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1706 View Post
    fzsaust could you post pic of the Tommy jordan free flow you have on your ski i want to put a free flow on mine.
    Here you go on the exhaust mod, http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117030

+1
    Will be happy with 70 then once I get that I will be happy with 80'and on it goes I think 70 is quick for a pretty much stock ski it's really all about setup have a mate with a sho and spent $2000 on all sorts of go fast bit and is slower than me. He does not like the Internet but I love reading what setups are working for people.

Thread Information