Gutting stock airbox on 03 gp1300r

Been looking into this over the past couple days but cant seem to hit on the right string of words for the search. I keep bringing up threads that talk about this or recomend this but have seen little to nothing on how to actually do this. What I have seen is a reference to simply removing the screens inside the box. Is that all there is to this mod? I haven't opened up the box yet so I'm not completely sure what I'm dealing with yet to be honest. Wouuld rather have a good idea of what I'm doing before I open it up.
    Anyone have any insight, tips, pics etc?

Between this, IR holeshot and sending plate to Jim I think that will round out my mods for now. Gonna keep the rest of my cash at the ready for whatever gremlins pop up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
    Been looking into this over the past couple days but cant seem to hit on the right string of words for the search. I keep bringing up threads that talk about this or recomend this but have seen little to nothing on how to actually do this. What I have seen is a reference to simply removing the screens inside the box. Is that all there is to this mod? I haven't opened up the box yet so I'm not completely sure what I'm dealing with yet to be honest. Wouuld rather have a good idea of what I'm doing before I open it up.
    Anyone have any insight, tips, pics etc?

Between this, IR holeshot and sending plate to Jim I think that will round out my mods for now. Gonna keep the rest of my cash at the ready for whatever gremlins pop up this season.
    check this out>>> http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...AKE/parts.html

remove stinger,,,
    you may need to free up some zip ties or harness stays or disconnect the electrical plug at the air temp sensor, remove the 2 bolts, one on each end that attach the box to the brackets, loosen the TB clamps, pull the TB assy in whole away from the engine, watch the throttle cable doesn`t get kinked.
    rotate the whole assy so you can get to the the front of the box, remove the perimeter screws, philips/10mm hex, remove the 6 philip screws that retain the screens, assemble in reverse order...

if you disconnect the throttle cable for any reason, you will need to check to make sure it is adjusted correctly when reinstalled.

+1
    both Riva and R&D have aftermarket air filter/flame arrestor parts for your ski ,if you decide you want more water protection..you'll get decent air flow and the USCG required FAs needed...are you more ocean and flat water riding?....

Ocean right now. Flat water is a pipe dream for me at this point. Im usually in fairly nasty chop. I've got one place to ride that is consistently flat but is a bit of a hike to get there

Thread Information