ULTRA 150 NEW ENGINE, Ran hours, Exhaust came out the pissers.

Exhaust Came out the pissers on new engine (ultra 150). All three brass pissers on heads/caps clear and hoses clear. Not swamped or anything. Regular half throttle break for 2 hours with no issues. Didn't overheat at all. Water is in the cylinders now. Maybe the water intake log or exhaust pipe obstructed at exhaust manifold? Anyone have this issue? I know the head/cap gaskets are leaking water in the jugs. What would cause water pressure to build in this Engine enough to blow the new head gaskets on all three jugs? The compression is now 60/90/60 psi and justified with leaking head gaskets. It was 145/145/145 when I put it together. Anyone??

+1
    Water pressure won't build up enough to blow the gaskets. Were the head bolts torqued properly (correct order and in steps)? Perhaps the heads or cylinder tops are warped (previous overheating, perhaps?). Did you use washers under the nuts? Did you install new gaskets?

Steve the cylinder heads were new. The tops/caps as I call them, torqued in order per the book. I didn't understand though the service manual had 69 lbs first, then 22 lbs. Does that make any sense??? This can be the issue maybe. I'm gonna pull the motor. Put everything on a flat bar. This is a brand new engine. New crank (OEM from Kawasaki), new wiseco's 80.00mm, new cylinder heads nicasil lined match at Powerseal USA, the tops were used (checking them for warp before I bother pulling the motor although I may have to anyway with the water in it). Is there anything else that could cause those gaskets to blow out? Too much compression or to much oil? It was fouling plugs. I ran 50:1 in premix, oil pump was primed, gas pump was primed. It seemed to have an issue getting fuel at first. Now there's no problem with that. The jugs don't look bad at all. Will they just blow out due to overheating? Maybe I just ran it too hard during break in. Never floored it. Drove it 1/2 throttle for about 2 hours. Seemed fine. I'm baffled.

Also the carbs are all OEM and Completely gone over/rebuilt/adjusted by dealer and then I checked them with feeler gauges myself as well. Would carbs cause this in any way?

Maybe a new set of R&D Cylinder Tops will fix this. Maybe????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyholmeswake View Post
    The tops/caps as I call them, torqued in order per the book. I didn't understand though the service manual had 69 lbs first, then 22 lbs. Does that make any sense??? This can be the issue maybe.
    It's a bit confusing the way it's written, but it's 69 inch-pounds initially, 22 foot-pounds final torque.

thanks for the reply.

Thread Information