Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

I need help understanding this

OK everyone, I was completely confused today. I was flipping through the channels and I saw billiards on ESPN. Not one of the less popular ESPNs but THE ESPN. There is no was that "sport" can get higher recognition than PWC racing. We as a whole are doing something wrong. I remember seeing PWC racing on TV many years ago. I would love to know what we would have to do to get our sport back as a known sport. It is unreal how few people even know that there are PWC races. Let's put our heads together and start getting out sport promoted better.

Banned User
    +1
    they put cheerleading on there too.... haha no love for jetski's

+1
    That's Ok with me... I want to keep this great hobby on the down low. Don't want to let the secret out much. There are already too many idiot PWC "riders" out there giving us a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    they put cheerleading on there too.... haha no love for jetski's
    and cup stacking !!

G.L.,
    We had this discussion not too long ago on the So. Cal Watercraft Club site about this very same topic/frustration. Cut and paste this link and read and I think it will shed some light on this issue. http://www.socalwatercraftclub.com/f...?t=2940&page=3

I have hosted shows on SPEED, Outdoor Channel, MAV, etc. and one thing that they all take is $$$$$ to be put on TV. Chances are that the sports sponsor is a big name company which their sponsorship $$$'s go to pay for production and being put on a tv network (cable or otherwise).

Find big sponsors that are willing to pay for production costs and air buys and PWC racing will again be on tv.

Ross Wallach, RPM Racing Ent.

Banned User
    +1
    Lucas Oil
    I-Ball Productions has "filmed" many races and they have all been shown on MavTV(channel 361 on Dish Network). So, you need to look a little higher up in the channels.

I'm sure everyone here uses Lucas Oil and their great products.........might be a good place to start. Owners name is Forest Lucas, and his kid is pretty quick
    Oh, and Forest just happens to own his own TV station-MavTV....

+1
    What a strange sport, indeed... Like most of you, I don't understand why the PWC sporting arena isn't more mainstream as compared to say "lumberjacking" on ESPNU or whatever... I saw a lot of money spent by hundreds of folks from all over the globe to experience the MH300. Really - from all over the world... yet, in the world of sports, it was like the best kept secret.

A few years ago, I found myself in Moab, UT. While I was there for the biking experience, about a thousand people from all over the US had converged on this one feature of a rock to climb up it w/their jeep. And, yes, I've seen that on TV too... Red Bull flags were flying all over that place. We were literally 5 miles out of town, in the middle of the desert, yet that small slice of Americana culture had a major sponsor... Nope, I just don't get it...

+1
    Jetski racing is on all the time on tv. We have a channel in Birmingham called Untamed Sports it airs jetski racing all the time. I work for the TV station 42-2 that is running this programming I am sure Untamed Sports has other station accross the country.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
    Jetski racing is on all the time on tv. We have a channel in Birmingham called Untamed Sports it airs jetski racing all the time. I work for the TV station 42-2 that is running this programming I am sure Untamed Sports has other station accross the country.
    I see a programmer here offering possibilities... thanks for showing this info. I'm not a racer, but I sure wouldn't mind watching one from the living room.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information