Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

a really bad seller

when someone tells you they are selling a ski and it is said to be in great condition both cosmetic and running and has lots of mods then buyer put down a 500.00 deposit and knows if he does not show up to paid the additional 5500.00 that he loses his deposit

so now that being said we travel over 650 miles to Sinking Springs PA. to buy a 07 RXT with rrfr, green box, 48's, x-ic by fizzle, riva vavle train, riva grate, and so on and so on after 11 hrs. of driving we get there just before dark the man (i will call him that for now) uncovers a train wreck of a ski notice right away how bad the finish is (not shown in the pictures sent) was told it was a little sun fading seat was faded bad and ripped ok not a deal breaker removed seat to check out engine bay it was the most ghetto set up i have ever seen ski had to be switch to another trailer so off to the lake we go i jump on the ski starts up sound good ok i think this may not be that bad while idleing at ramp wait for second trailer to back up the exhaust temp alarm goes off this is not good bearly get it back on right trailer pop the seat see melted wiring, melted plastic parts lots of smoke wow this got hot quick i think theres no water going though this ski we tell the seller work on it tonight we will be back in morning so off to the hotel we go while driving back to seller house next morning he calls hey can you pick up the parts i need to fix this at Loews on your way back (wow that takes balls to ask) no we are almost there what we see the next morning is worst care for ski i have ever seen this ski is a total train wreck hood shock broke, front end hull repainted with flat black paint with runs in the finish (no extra charge), rusty parts everywhere, home made opas block offs ( ok that is all right but not when you use non stainless parts glob clear silcone everywhere and then spray it (yes you got it ) flat black), the underside hull was also sprayed yep flat black to hide all the scars on the bottom i could just go on and on again but i think you see the picture

so we say dude this not the great ski you were telling us about we're sorry we did not TRAVEL 650 MILES to buy a ski for 6000 dollars in this condition we would like it if you would return the deposit due to it being misrepresented

needless to say this pos refused (which after the prior nights meeting we figured about par for the course) so we're out a 500.00 deposit and over 500.00 in travel expences but a little wiser

all i can say to the seller is not cool man talk to you many times on phone over the years but never meet you it was GH site that got us together i recommended you to a friend who was looking to buy when you were looking to sell yes you held the ski for 3wks. while we made arrangements to travel up I HOPE YOU CAN LIVE WITH YOURSELF this was not right we live up to our side you did not poor way to handle a deal i do not think you realize how lucky you were the buyer was a 23yr war vet who served our country without question i have never seen him that mad ever he wanted to and would have kicked your ass for this if i had not been there dude do not ever lie to someone again you never know who or what that person is capable of you dodge a bullet and do'nt even know it

I know this person .... interesting ...

+1
    Messed up. Deposit should've been given back.

+1
    And if it's not refunded I would call him out and post his name to make sure no one else gets screwed. I'd also post this in the user feedback section.

+1
    Yup, Put up his name...

+1
    Can we play whos the dirt bag??

+1

Resident Coffee Addict Oshawapilot's Avatar
    +1
    I feel your pain. I drove some distance earlier this year a few times (albeit not 600 miles) to look at a few ski's that were advertised as being a whole lot more than they were.

I don't know why people intentionally take pictures that "conveniently" fail to show all the problems. Do people think that you won't see the issues when you actually lay eyes on it? Do they think that you'll be OK with the fact that although they "just happened to not take a photo from that angle" that you won't notice the patched hole in the hull, or the dock rash that has turned half of the upper hull into something that looks like the surface of the moon?

Whenever I've sold anything online I've always been upfront about condition...good, and bad..that way people show up knowing exactly what to expect, and aren't pissy when they might notice something that isn't perfect.

+1
    i hope you are not the person who is from north carolina that he said wanted to buy it if so do'nt waste the gas
    Quote Originally Posted by radeon View Post
    I know this person .... interesting ...

+1
    I THINK I KNOW WHO IT IS.. he should knock 500.00 off the price now, unless that's why he wants a non refundable payment because either its sold or he just came up 500.00. Either way he wins in the cash department.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information