Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help- flushed ski with ski off

Hopefully she didnt do a lot of damage, but my wife was helping me with my ski this weekend and she briefly turned the ski off before i could turn the flush nozzle off. So about 3 seconds of hose water is sitting in my ski. Of course, now the ski does not turn on. I hear a bubbling/gurgling noise when trying to turn it on. Is there an easy fix for this or am I f'd?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    pull all 4 spark plugs and turn the motor over and see if water comes out of the spark plug holes.

Sean

+1
    it would take alot more than 3 secs for water to fill the water box/s and then fill the engine!!!! are you sure this is what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    it would take alot more than 3 secs for water to fill the water box/s and then fill the engine!!!! are you sure this is what happened?
    I mean, i don't know the exact seconds, but the ski was shut off, i ran over and quickly turned off the nozzle when i realized what happened. max of 5 seconds. if the ski isnt turning on, does that mean water in the engine?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Need more info
    what type of ski is it ??

and yes it typically will take alot more than 3-5 secs to hydraulic a ski engine

as said remove all the spark plugs ASAP , If you have let it sit over night then things are not starting to go your way already

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Need more info
    what type of ski is it ??

and yes it typically will take alot more than 3-5 secs to hydraulic a ski engine

as said remove all the spark plugs ASAP , If you have let it sit over night then things are not starting to go your way already

Waz

2008 stx 15f. i have no touched it since yesterday. i wasn't sure what the best course of action.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    pull the plugs and crank the motor.

Sean

+1
    yep get the plugs out ASAP

(edit : if the oil level is way over full , drain and replace oil before cranking if you have tools to do so.)
    you can do this later but is ALOT better to do before cranking engine

if oil is good ,crank the engine over till all the water is pushed out the plug holes.

if the oil level is still good then start and run the ski for at least 5 minutes , then stop engine and recheck oil to make sure its still clean and hasnt turned milky.

if it has changed colour,then change the oil ASAP ,after you have changed oil & Filter

Now You have to go ride the ski for a 1hr or so ASAP

Waz

Waz

put the plugs back in and run the ski

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    If ever you get water in the oil, it does not emulsify nearly as easily in an appropriate synthetic and will be far easier to get out. Royal Purple is one that I have used for this. In other words, you will have a layer of water under the oil, drain it out and you're done, rather than having a foamy mess to deal with.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If ever you get water in the oil, it does not emulsify nearly as easily in an appropriate synthetic and will be far easier to get out. Royal Purple is one that I have used for this. In other words, you will have a layer of water under the oil, drain it out and you're done, rather than having a foamy mess to deal with.
    theirt is no difference be it mineral or syn .. if the engine hasnt been started , the water floats either way

once the ski has been started it turns to a milk shake what ever oil you choose

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information