Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

01 ultra 150 sounds supercharged.

Now I'm assuming that its the pump bearings, but they have been replaced twice in the last ten hours so could it be something else?

Did you replace the pump bearings with the factory Kawasaki ones? Also, did you ask for the 2005 setup so you will have 3 oil seals? Pull the pump cone and see if there is any water inside. If there is, the pump seals and bearings are done for sure.

Meant to say did you replace the seals and bearings with factory Kawasaki parts?

Quote Originally Posted by cconigliaro View Post
    Did you replace the pump bearings with the factory Kawasaki ones? Also, did you ask for the 2005 setup so you will have 3 oil seals? Pull the pump cone and see if there is any water inside. If there is, the pump seals and bearings are done for sure.
    I took the pump out and the cone off, rusty chocolate milk looking water behind the seals so its definitely shot. I'm not sure of they used OEM Kawasaki parts or not but I will this time. Do I need any special tools besides the impeller removal tool to do this myself? I am mechanicly inclined, just never done this pump before. Is the 03-05 kit right or do I need a 05 specific one? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 01ultra150 View Post
    I took the pump out and the cone off, rusty chocolate milk looking water behind the seals so its definitely shot. I'm not sure of they used OEM Kawasaki parts or not but I will this time. Do I need any special tools besides the impeller removal tool to do this myself? I am mechanicly inclined, just never done this pump before. Is the 03-05 kit right or do I need a 05 specific one? Thanks
    I'll garauntee thats your supercharged sound. It's a pretty straight forward job as long as you have the service manual which you can find all over the internet. You will need a vice to put the impeller shaft in and the impeller wrench to get the impeller off. You will also need a bearing driver set and something like a slide hammer to get the old bearings out. Follow the instructions in the service manual and you will be golden. Not sure if the 03-05 is the same as far as bearings and seals go. I know in the 05 model, they used a 3rd seal where the earlier models only had 2. I am going on 170 hours on my 05 and have yet to need a pump bearing replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by cconigliaro View Post
    I'll garauntee thats your supercharged sound. It's a pretty straight forward job as long as you have the service manual which you can find all over the internet. You will need a vice to put the impeller shaft in and the impeller wrench to get the impeller off. You will also need a bearing driver set and something like a slide hammer to get the old bearings out. Follow the instructions in the service manual and you will be golden. Not sure if the 03-05 is the same as far as bearings and seals go. I know in the 05 model, they used a 3rd seal where the earlier models only had 2. I am going on 170 hours on my 05 and have yet to need a pump bearing replacement.
    Alright, ill probly order them bearings if it has three seals. I had the dealership take a look and they think the shaft is bent but ill have to look for my self on that. Thanks for the help

Alright, ill probly order them bearings if it has three seals. I had the dealership take a look and they think the shaft is bent but ill have to look for my self on that. Thanks for the help
    The shaft is cheap if you need to replace. I take it you mean the impeller shaft. The bearing kit from Kawasaki you will need consists of the bearing for the tail cone and Oring, the Main pump bearing, and 3 seals. Kawasaki doesn't make a kit so you will need to tell the dealer what parts you need or have them pull the pictures up on the computer and point out what you need.

I'm a living organ donor; 1 kidney since 2002. Mitch 05 Ultra 150's Avatar
    My buddy's sounded like that years ago and it was the pump bearings. Easy to replace.

Well the bearings are screwed, but here's the fun part, the impeller is cross threaded on the shaft and we cannot get it off. Even with heat and an impact. So now what get a whole used pump? The shop is the ones who cross threaded it.

+1
    Well the bearings are screwed, but here's the fun part, the impeller is cross threaded on the shaft and we cannot get it off. Even with heat and an impact. So now what get a whole used pump? The shop is the ones who cross threaded it.
    sure its not a reverse thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information