Thread: Need help asap

Need help asap

I was having issues getting the shifter threw the gears and after searching found that there maybe some corrsion on some on the bolts for the buckets causing it to bind. so i removed the 2 bolts and cleaned them off and that was my issues. now however i could not longer get the boat to lock into the reverse detent but the bucket would go all the way down. so i removed the shifter to see if the isses was in there and could not find anything wrong i removed the cable from the shifter end and adjusted it so i can get into the detents full in forward and reverse so i can use throttle. Can someone please post pics of how there bucket looks when the selector is in full forward becuase i think that mine is not actually going full forward but i put it there here is a pic of mine but i think it should be fully vertical. Once in full forward i can go back to the buck and push it up another 3 inches to fully verical but the cable that is attached to the bucket does not more in more it seems like all the slop is in the bucket mechainsm itself. But for all i know this is exactly where its supposed to be i just dont have another one to guage off of.

Hello Homie, From what your picture looks like. I think the bucket is in the right place. I have a 2008 speedster. I will take a pic during day and post for you.

I have the same problem with hard moving shifter. Thanks for posting as I will take mine apart as well.

That's not full forward. The little silver assembly on the side of the bucket in the picture is the forward lock, it locks the bucket completely vertical until you move the lever. It takes a lot of adjusting to get it just right, it's a PITA.

Just throwing this out there, I had issues with the bracket from the ladder keeping my bucket from moving all the way up. Just make sure its not hitting.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Overgreen View Post
    Just throwing this out there, I had issues with the bracket from the ladder keeping my bucket from moving all the way up. Just make sure its not hitting.
    That bracket is a POS design. A new bracket will fix the problem as it gets bent and is a bitch to straighten. The new ones are 70ish and not worth the money IMO! However, in Overgreen's case it was the only fix. The other issue is people tend to over tighten the bolts to fix the issue. What they don't realize is that the threads will easily strip and your screwed. Good luck bro. Idling around and across the lake at 3 mph sucks ass! Right green?

Yes it does! Lol. If that's the issue just take it off. Sucks not having it but at least you'll be able to get it into gear

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Overgreen View Post
    Yes it does! Lol. If that's the issue just take it off. Sucks not having it but at least you'll be able to get it into gear
    Carry a 5/8" 8mm 10mm 13mm 15mm and an 18mm and a set of allen wrenches and you can basically do almost anything on the seadoo's. I keep a mini tool kit in the front storage with ratchets and extensions. I can pull the pump, venturri, plugs, and other hose clamps and misc stuff in the water. I also keep an extra set of plugs if the engine runs poorly I can swap them out on the bank or where ever. I also carry a spare Walbro in case mine goes out as well as a spare carbon seal and c-clip. All of this takes up almost no space. I have them in separate bags so they each stay dry. I know it is over kill, but at least I am prepared. I have done one CS change up river late last season on another friends Wake edition. Never know what you will run into on the water, I am a fan of helping people out as I have needed the help once or twice.

Point of the story, is don't leave the house without a tool set that you can keep in the boat if the ladder is f'd up and will not allow the bucket to shift to drive. 5 minute fix and you are rolling again. Just my .02......

Hey MSRXP,

Fairly new to Sea-doo's..... what are the carbon seal and c-clip you are talking about ? Just got a Challenger and would like to keep a few things on board as you do. Thanks !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Hey MSRXP,

Fairly new to Sea-doo's..... what are the carbon seal and c-clip you are talking about ? Just got a Challenger and would like to keep a few things on board as you do. Thanks !
    Look at the rear of the engine. Locate the drive shaft and you'll see an accordion boot. In the front of that is the carbon seal. Just in front of that is the floating ring that is stainless steel. Holding it all in under the floating ring is the c clip that the floating ring locks on to. Keep the water out of the hull. Drive shaft runs through these components. They give way and you flood. The boats have a leg up stock that they come with a small bilge.

2008 challenger

Quote Originally Posted by homie3186 View Post
    I was having issues getting the shifter threw the gears and after searching found that there maybe some corrsion on some on the bolts for the buckets causing it to bind. so i removed the 2 bolts and cleaned them off and that was my issues. now however i could not longer get the boat to lock into the reverse detent but the bucket would go all the way down. so i removed the shifter to see if the isses was in there and could not find anything wrong i removed the cable from the shifter end and adjusted it so i can get into the detents full in forward and reverse so i can use throttle. Can someone please post pics of how there bucket looks when the selector is in full forward becuase i think that mine is not actually going full forward but i put it there here is a pic of mine but i think it should be fully vertical. Once in full forward i can go back to the buck and push it up another 3 inches to fully verical but the cable that is attached to the bucket does not more in more it seems like all the slop is in the bucket mechainsm itself. But for all i know this is exactly where its supposed to be i just dont have another one to guage off of.
    How about these
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001193.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	269155
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001195.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	269156

Thread Information