Help trouble shoot my 08 gp1300r

Sat I put on a Ff exhaust a d plate and did the jetworks mod. Went out to water test it yesterday and once I let it idle and warm out in the no wake zone I made my way out. I punched it and instea of ripping my arms off I almost ate my handle bars. It bogs and chokes then goes fine. If I'm cruising at 4500-5000 rpm and punch it, it will choke up a little but then rips. It's on 08 gp1300r with 20 hours on it is this the rare occasion of me needing a fuel commander?

Moderated
    a fuel controller is not required for the mods you have, your problem is elsewhere.

it sounds like it starving for fuel or air but as to why, thats the million dollar question.

are you sure you put the ski back together properly?

Quote Originally Posted by 0rdcbra1 View Post
    Sat I put on a Ff exhaust a d plate and did the jetworks mod. Went out to water test it yesterday and once I let it idle and warm out in the no wake zone I made my way out. I punched it and instea of ripping my arms off I almost ate my handle bars. It bogs and chokes then goes fine. If I'm cruising at 4500-5000 rpm and punch it, it will choke up a little but then rips. It's on 08 gp1300r with 20 hours on it is this the rare occasion of me needing a fuel commander?

When I piece-mealed my stage 3 1300 I inadvertently got the benefit of seeing performance differences of each modification. Accordingly, I had the same effect when installing just the FF alone. Was lean in the midrange-acceleration due to less backpressure and ate the handlebars. Certainly could be other things...but always remember when allowing the motor to flow more, you generally have to compensate and add more fuel. (I'd recommend the controller.)

PS: the jetworx mod is accentuating the problem of less back pressure b/c there is less water in the box to blow-out when accelerating (and of course the d-plate flows a tad more compared to the cat-con). Where is your rpm setting for your jetworx?
    My two pennies....

Jetworks opens at 3500 rpm. I put the sound suppression box back on it started running btr but every once in a while it would choke up. I'm starting to wonder if it's bad gas. I'm gonna change plugs and siphon the gas out and try again

Thread Information