Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2008 sea doo rxt x dosent start ?

hello,

I bought my sea-doo's about a year ago, i maybe took them out four times. Just to let you guys/gals know i am new to the personal watercrafts so i dont know much about skis but yet not as complex i have worked on cars my whole life. Well this is what happend, the last time i was out i got a rock stuck in the impeller. I had to run the ski a little distance in order to get it back to shore. It took me and a friend about 45 minutes to finally get it out. When we put it back in the water i could hear a slight whining and what it felt like it didnt have all of its power. Soon after that a coution light came on and it shut off. I havent been able to start it since then . This dosent really look like a mild issue but i am determined to get it running again, but i just dont know where to start. If anyone has had this issue before or might know what it could be, i would greatly appriciate even the most basic information.

Thanks

Luke

+1
    could have seized the pump bearing, had a friend suck some rocks up end of last summer. i only replaced the wear ring and impeller at first only to find out my pump bearing was toast. new pump rebuild kit is around 90.00 you will need a press and the right tools to do it not too hard to get it done.

Does it crank when you try to start it?

Thanks for the advice i will def. look into that now, do you know where i can buy parts and get something like all data just to see where its located at.

did you have it on its side to get the rock out

no i did not i had it on the trailer.

it does not crank but i was told it is because of the trouble codes.

+1
    Will the engine turn over when you push the start button? If it does not then the pump may be locked up from the dammage caused by the rock or it could just be a dead battery. If the engine does turn over but will not crank the pump is most likely not the problem, but from what you have stated the problems started after the rock was injested. There is a how-to section on the forum that describes how to remove the pump and alot of other things like pulling the super charger ect... You should pull the pump because i suspect it will need a new wear ring and impellor repair or replacement anyway.

so i tried starting it today and it would bearly like turn i mean like it dosent want to turn, if like something is stuck or holding it from turning over, it was also making like a screaching noise from impeler side of the engine.

+1
    take the nozzle off and look inside for rocks in the pump, but your most likely going to need a wear ring and impeller.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information