Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

99 ultra sank need help!

I have a 99 ultra.. runs on 110octane turbo blue..bored 1350cc triple novi 48mm lots of other goodies.. well my brother rolled it and sank it the summer before last. we pulled it out got it running in like ten mins after i pulled out of the water. It ran fine that day all day ran it for a couple hours hard..put it up the next weekend I took it out to ride starts fine will not brake 45mph.. took it home and ran a compration test all is good then let it set till now going to fill it up with fuel and start it today or tomorrow want to get it going again any ideas of what the problem is or can be..I would like to get it running and part it out or sell it to some one..

+1
    Sounds like you've got a fouled spark plug or something that's keeping one cylinder from firing.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Sounds like you've got a fouled spark plug or something that's keeping one cylinder from firing.
    changed them already

Could be a number of electrical issues. Check the electrical box, all plugs on the harness, front cover, cables and grounds for resistance. Hope it wasn't salt water!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FAT BOY View Post
    Could be a number of electrical issues. Check the electrical box, all plugs on the harness, front cover, cables and grounds for resistance. Hope it wasn't salt water!!!!
    thank god it was a lake. Thanks I will check that think I have a old manual around here somewhere..

+1
    Run it and check for a cold cylinder. If one is cold, it's not firing.

Whens the last time you did a plug chop?

Also, It could definately be an issue with the carbs. I would run the ski and then pull the plugs. Make sure they all are the same color when you pull them. If 2 are dirty and one is perfectly clean, then you have an issue with a cylinder firing.

not the carbs for sure not fueling problem. I drained all the fuel in the bike cleaned out the carbs put new battery in.. she fired up..all three plugs are firing fine untill i get it to half throttle+ around 4500rpm and up it stops sending a spark signal to the plugs in the front and back plugs. I know this cause the tiny tack i have was wraped around the front plug wire I moved it the the center plug wire and it ran it up to 7600rpm moved it to the back plug wire and ran it am as the front plug wire did the test four times same resolts. the stock tack is reading the 7600rpm just like the tiny tack is even when the rpms are droping allthe way off on the front and back plugs..I am guessing it maybe the coil pack box? or the ecm maybe. any other ideas?

Where are you located? I happen to have a spare 99 CDI box in mint condition. If your local, Id be happy to try it out. If you need one, let me know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information