Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Please help need some knowledge from you experienced guys!!!!

Ok so I just bought a 2004 Polaris MSX 110 Turbo with a seized up engine, well it is turning out to be very expensive to find a replacement engine since they dont even offer the engine remanufactured and they arnt cheap used either. So my questions are...

1) Are the MSX 140 and 150 compatiable with the 110 set up? IE...can I take an engine out of either and put it in my MSX 110?

2) If they are is it just a simple swap and plug or do things need to be rewired because the electronics are diffrent?

3) Does anyone know where I might find used or remanufaftured motors for this model?

Please any advice you could give me would be great! I really want to get on the water by next month so I need you help please!

Thanks a bunch!

+1
    Welcome to the HULK.

The 110 and the 150 is the same engine the 140 is a two stroke and the engine mounts are different.

Check with Randy @ Weber Power. http://www.weberpower.com/

Or Jay @ Sharps Marine. http://www.sharpsmarine.com/

Is you engine rebuild able?

+1
    Welcome to the hulk.

You can't put a 140 engine into a 110 easily, everything about it is different you would need a different exhaust, emm, injectors, throttle body, engine mounts and the list goes on. As Beer said the 2 engines are identical 110/150 I think the difference in power comes from a different turbo setup but if you get a shortblock should be the same 750cc 4 stroke engine.

No the engine is toast I might be able to salvage the turbo with a rebuild kit but the engine sat for almost 4 years with salt water in it so you can just imagine...

I would like to see if I could get a hold of the 150 but my main concern is all the electrical elements, are they all the same like the ECU and the harness?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    The differences are:

ECU calibration:
    • Boost map:
      • MSX110 tops at 11psi @ 7,000rpm , then boost decreases gradually between 7,000rpm to 7,500rpm.
      • MSX150 tops at 14.5psi @ 7,250rpm, then boost decreases gradually between 7,250rpm to 7,500rpm, then decreases more aggressively between 7,500rpm to 8,000rpm.
    • Fuel maps: MSX110 fuel calibration is richer across the entire 4,000rpm to 7,500rpm range. Low speed fuel calibration is fairly similar for both skis.
    • Air temperature compensation maps: calibration is different from one ski to the other. This has to do with the different efficiency rating of both intercoolers.
    • Pedal Position versus load reference values: throttle flipper to ETB movement is calibrated differently from one ski to the other. There is no difference from 70% throttle to 100% (wot) on the MSX110. The MSX150 utilizes the remaining 30% throttle flipper movement (however, not fully linear to ETB movement).
    Impeller:
    • The MSX110 has a low cost steel impeller optimized for a 7,000rpm @ approx. 10psi boost.
    • The MSX150 has a Skat Trak SS impeller optimized for approx. 7,300 @ 14psi boost.
    Blow off valve:
    • The MSX110 does not have a Blow off valve (BOV).
    • The MSX150 has a Blow Off Valve which is a genuine Bosch 25mm rated @ +16psi. This BOV is similar to oem automotive on SAAB, Audi, VW & older Porsche 924.
    • The aluminum intake tube between the intercooler to the ETB is different on both skis because it is where the BOV is connected.
    Intercooler:
    • The MSX110 has a tube based copper, low efficiency, intercooler.
    • The MSX150 has a tube & fin based aluminum, high efficiency, intercooler.

Beer

Dude you really know your stuff thak you for the info I am going to see what we can come up with and I will let you know!

Thanks Again!

Christian

+1
    Not me I just know where to fine the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by House187 View Post
    Beer

Dude you really know your stuff thak you for the info I am going to see what we can come up with and I will let you know!

Thanks Again!

Christian

+1
    Polaris uses this engine in current snowmobiles, I have no idea of the differences, but its a Weber 750 turbo motor, you may be able to get parts or engines this way.
    Last edited by RLACEMAN; 03-21-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: wording

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Not me I just know where to fine the info.
    I don't buy that for a second

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information