Thumbs up JUST brought home my new 2012 Yamaha FZS... Need some advise!

Bought 2 2012 Yamaha FZS and Im thrilled. Ive had boats before, never a ski. I am thrilled by the power on these things!! Im looking into some advise by some long timers in Supercharged Yamahas on what mods I should really consider getting and what I should get rid of! I do not want to void my warranty, but want some power and be somewhere in the high 70s. I've heard about changing my intake grate as well as my stock air box but would like some detailed info on what to do first... I've looked around but would like some more info.

Ive also heard of the Riva Stage 1 & 2 kits and some parts not being necessary on the kits and on getting particular parts only. Alot I've heard, but want to get into what to do, not to do... and get started into getting my ski top notch.

HELP guys... THANKS!!

+1
    Yes your first mod needs to be the R&D intake grate for personal safety:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138148

Beyond that you have many options; a massive power plant that can go as big as you can dream.
    Do you plan on riding in a lot of heavy chop like the ocean or more flat water?
    The VX plate, air and a reflash will get things started nicely into the mid 70's... as for high 70's, well I'm not sure if you can do that without voiding the warranty or not but these boyz will give you good advice. High seventies may require some help for the supercharger clutch; you can always send a PM to Jerry (Green Hulk) and he will get you on the right track. Congrats on the FZS; with over 300 combined trouble-free hours, we love ours.

+1
    Grate first. C1 + IC + reflash should put you in the mid/ high 70s with the right accompanying mods. There are some great build thread and stickies I would check out. Welcome to the forum.

Whenever I bring home a new Ski or Motorcycle (or after a major re build), I always check the oil level before I take it out. It may seem like over kill to some but better to be 100% sure. And yes, welcome! JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_fastFZS View Post
    Bought 2 2012 Yamaha FZS and Im thrilled. Ive had boats before, never a ski. I am thrilled by the power on these things!! Im looking into some advise by some long timers in Supercharged Yamahas on what mods I should really consider getting and what I should get rid of! I do not want to void my warranty, but want some power and be somewhere in the high 70s. I've heard about changing my intake grate as well as my stock air box but would like some detailed info on what to do first... I've looked around but would like some more info.

Ive also heard of the Riva Stage 1 & 2 kits and some parts not being necessary on the kits and on getting particular parts only. Alot I've heard, but want to get into what to do, not to do... and get started into getting my ski top notch.

HELP guys... THANKS!!

To hit high 70's I would recommend the following:

1. R&D grate & PPK

2. Modded VX plate

3. Riva Intake

4. Ribbon removed

5. Free Flow Exhaust ( if your ok with it loud) or Tommy Jordan Exhaust (quiet).

6. R2 Reflash

7. Aftermarket intercooler (Fizzle or Riva)

8. Repitch prop to turn 8660 rpm.

9. Aftermarket tach.

Thread Information