300X replacement keys?????

A friend of mine had both keys together (orange and Yellow) and lost them. Any ideas to get new ones? Our Kawasaki dealer is an ass.

Find the keys or check if the jet ski dealer donīt have a copy otherwise your friend have to by a new ecu

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    yep its buy a new ECU and a set of keys

Waz
    And that my friends is a good enough reason for me to not buy a Kawasaki.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    And that my friends is a good enough reason for me to not buy a Kawasaki.....
    This policy has its good and bad points.

With the amount of aftermarket buds systems out there now, seadoos may as well have a a rocker switch as far as theft prevention goes.

I'm not sure about the yamaha system and most polaris and honda owners would love their ski to be stolen.

The ecu thing is to prevent theft. They are surprisingly affordable as well.

My question is, if with him buying a new ECU and keys and still having to go to the dealer to get programed, why can they just program the stock ECU to the new keys?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by eel View Post
    This policy has its good and bad points.

With the amount of aftermarket buds systems out there now, seadoos may as well have a a rocker switch as far as theft prevention goes.

I'm not sure about the yamaha system and most polaris and honda owners would love their ski to be stolen.

The ecu thing is to prevent theft. They are surprisingly affordable as well.

Hey I love my Polaris skis. I just got a whole ski for the cost of a new ECU for that 300x........

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
    My question is, if with him buying a new ECU and keys and still having to go to the dealer to get programed, why can they just program the stock ECU to the new keys?
    If you buy a brand new ecu and keys you don't have to go to the dealer to have him program it. Insert new key until it beeps. Insert. Next key let it beep insert any extra keys up to 5 of them after last key is programmed hold last key in untill it beeps a couple times. Programming complete. The reason why u can't program new keys to a ecu with lost keys is the ecu is locked you need one known good key to program extras. One tip never keep. Both keys together and make spares.

Thread Information