Seadoo RXT X 260 As 2012 model moving deck removal

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to remove the moving deck on my 2012 RXT-X 260 As model ski. I have bought the Riva stage one package and all there instructions say to remove the moving deck and refer to the service manual. I don't have access to a service manual but wondered if anybody on here couldpoint me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

+1
    Order a Shop Manual from your dealer, they cost around $125, but is well worth it! Your gonna need it if you do your own work...........

Sounds expensive.

+1
    You will need to order new pads for the front where your feet go..They were supposed to be a reusable design but that never happened from day one....

there are many steps to removing the floating deck and it takes at least 2 people....You need to remove the gauge to gain access to the steering cable. You need to mark with a marker of some contrasting color the out line of the rear suspension so that when you reinstall it the alignment is correct...

Even if you are a skilled mechanic, if you dont have the shop manual for this one your in for a long day!!!!!

Has anyone on here actually removed the deck on the is model? I love my ski and think it's a great design but you can not do anything to it without removing the deck, you can't even inspect all components properly. It would be good if someone had a detailed a step by step process with photos. On another note other than my dealer (they were great when selling me the ski but after sales service crap) where can I get a RXTis 255 2009 model shop manual from?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzo View Post
    Has anyone on here actually removed the deck on the is model? I love my ski and think it's a great design but you can not do anything to it without removing the deck, you can't even inspect all components properly. It would be good if someone had a detailed a step by step process with photos. On another note other than my dealer (they were great when selling me the ski but after sales service crap) where can I get a RXTis 255 2009 model shop manual from?
    Try this

As for a shop manual, you can find places online where you can download, but they are often badly scanned versions. For me, I bought an electronic version from Ebay that is really good ( much easier to use than a normal Pdf version). All the in document search funtions work really well and has the Dealer Updates and bulletins included.

Check out this Ebay item

Seller is. jatbuying If you can't find the listing.

Really good product for 6 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by stevea99 View Post
    Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to remove the moving deck on my 2012 RXT-X 260 As model ski. I have bought the Riva stage one package and all there instructions say to remove the moving deck and refer to the service manual. I don't have access to a service manual but wondered if anybody on here couldpoint me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

see my reply to Cazzo below.

+1
    I've reused the front mats before after taking off the top deck on a few I S skis. Sure the glue is weak and might need to add some glue but they can be reused.

+1
    They are a pain in the ass, hence why I own a non is Tx ..

Thread Information