Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

low voltage alarm

Hey guys i posted this in my rebuild thread but had no help. I just recently rebuilt my 951 and got it running put a new battery in it and i am getting low voltage alarm. brought it home charged battery over night put back in ski still getting low voltage alarm i didnt have a chance before i left home to come back to work to check the voltage and all with a volt meter. any things you guys can help me with to narrow down. i think the stator is still charging the battery cause i rode it for a good hour and didnt have any problems. any suggestions would be awesome.

+1
    im not shure, but on my gsx 1999 it eats voltage regulators evrey 2 years. (using cheap ones) same thing 12 volt low warning.

prolly it right there will track it down when i get home. i know our older 951 DI had to change it before. wheres a good place to get one? most i am seeing are for 00-03 di motors and about 75 bucks/

I am also thinking my display is starting to go out the fuel lines on it are not showing up so i might need to find one like that soon.

+1
    what year is yours and what is it? you never said? also dont laugh how do you guys get the ebay page on here like that? and yes one of them will work just dont know what you have

i have a 99gtxl carbed silver motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleblanc View Post
    Hey guys i posted this in my rebuild thread but had no help. I just recently rebuilt my 951 and got it running put a new battery in it and i am getting low voltage alarm. brought it home charged battery over night put back in ski still getting low voltage alarm i didnt have a chance before i left home to come back to work to check the voltage and all with a volt meter. any things you guys can help me with to narrow down. i think the stator is still charging the battery cause i rode it for a good hour and didnt have any problems. any suggestions would be awesome.
    Does the low voltage light stay on all the time or for a minute or so after starting then goes out ?

The easiest way to check charging is to measure the battery voltage before starting then see if it jumps up slightly when the ski is running. These skis will go a long time if the battery is not being charged the draw when running is very low as they use magnetos for ignition and battery power is only used for the gauges and starting.

I have a 98 GTXL and I always get the low voltage light for about a minute after starting then it goes out. If the 99 is the same as the 98 the voltage regulator is built into the MPEM.

stays on the whole time while running and the voltage on the battery actually jumps a little after starting like it should so it seems the stator is charging the battery.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information