Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

r&d powershot for 300x

Hi, I am a new member on this forum and live in sweden.
    I am going to order these parts.
    R&D ride plate and intake
    delimiter
    riva air intake and r&d intake filters
    block off plate for the valve
    maybe new impeller but waiting for more tests and info
    Now i wonder, do i have any use of the powershot?
    i have read somwere that the ultra runs lean from the begining,is that true?
    in that case woulden it be worse to givit more air?
    Im going to compete so i want every mph i can get
    am glad if someone could help whit some info
    And sorry if i wrote somthing wrong, im not used to write in english.

Banned User
    +1
    Power shot is power shit not needed.

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    There is ONE opinion. Maybe the gentleman would like to elaborate as to why, in his personal experience, it is "shit". I haven't used it so I'm not going to opine, but there are already discussions on this forum addressing the Powershot and it is love/hate. I did a little search when I saw your question and, on this forum, it seems to be about 50/50. Good luck in your racing. Your English is better than some native speakers!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The Power Shot is not going to help on a stock ski with stock boost..................

ok, so i am safe whit out it, even in long wot running?
    Any other thing that could be good to have when you compet exept the things i listed?
    Thank you for the fast answers.

+1
    Hey, Peter. If you use the search function, there is quite a bit about Powershot, and every other subject! An example (but on a Yamaha section thread), first thing I saw searching "powershot", "thread titles only": http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=powershot . I have no experience with this myself. I am just trying to help if you are having trouble searching in English. There are a huge varience in opinions on the forum. Many people genuinely want to help and make the forum a better resource. Look around some. Then, hopefully, someone with more experience on this will respond and point you in the right direction. "Safety" of running with Powershot vs, not running with Powershot... It seems that it allows you to better utilize some modifications, like Aquaholic alluded to above.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hey, Peter. If you use the search function, there is quite a bit about Powershot, and every other subject! An example (but on a Yamaha section thread), first thing I saw searching "powershot", "thread titles only": http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ight=powershot . I have no experience with this myself. I am just trying to help if you are having trouble searching in English. There are a huge varience in opinions on the forum. Many people genuinely want to help and make the forum a better resource. Look around some. Then, hopefully, someone with more experience on this will respond and point you in the right direction. "Safety" of running with Powershot vs, not running with Powershot... It seems that it allows you to better utilize some modifications, like Aquaholic alluded to above.
    What more experience do I need. I work on my ski I race my ski I ride it over 90 hrs a season. I have installed power shots I have used them as have many others. They don't even have a fail safe when they stop working so yes it's a shit product and will do nothing for this guys ski that a ecu tune won't do.

To the OP. the ski will be fine for long endurance runs keep it under 7900 rpm and you will be fine.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    The biggest problem with the Pooshot is that WHEN they fail on a modded engine your tune will return to the STOCK lean base tune,this in turn WILL DESTROY your engine,(the term -" stock base tune" means STOCK ECU on a modded engine platform)
    as the pooshot only interupts the OEM signals and modifies it to what you have asked it to do.....

as its only a slave , not the master

Now if you have a REAL world SAFE ECU/ reflash it is always going to run those calibrations

Tt the end of the day be realistic about what your are going to use the ski for as there are many real WORLD proven setups that do use a powershot or ECU

Most people cant even ride a stock ski to its limits ( let alone a road bike or a car , Rotary's aren't cars either )

Waz

+1
    You don't need any experience. You are very good at what you do. 90 hours?! I'm impressed - You tooled around for five hours every third Saturday!
    Peter, Just use the search function. There is a wealth of knowledge. Good luck!

+1
    There you go, Peter! This one knows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information