Question how can I get a title?

Last fall I bought 2 genesis i's they came with MSO paperwork which I thought was good enough for regestration. Unfortunately, it's not. I keep trying to contact the person who sold them to me- left messages, but no call backs. Is there anything I can do if I can't get ahold of the seller?
    BTW I'm in New Jersey = a very tough title state.

Thanks, Kev

+1
    You will have to find out if there are any leans on the title and also find out who it belong too. Most of the time the guy that sold it to you never put it in his name. That why they give a song and dance about it. File for a lost Title and have the real owner sign off on it. Sometimes its a pain in the ass if they live or moved far away. good luck

+1
    ask about the procedure for an abandond boat. In Mass you send a registerd letter to the last owner & if they don't reply you have to take out an ad in the local paper where it was last registered & if no one replys the state will issue new paperwork. Don't know if it applys in your state but it's worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by capt.coconut View Post
    Last fall I bought 2 genesis i's they came with MSO paperwork which I thought was good enough for regestration. Unfortunately, it's not. I keep trying to contact the person who sold them to me- left messages, but no call backs. Is there anything I can do if I can't get ahold of the seller?
    BTW I'm in New Jersey = a very tough title state.

Thanks, Kev

+1
    As crazy as this sounds, go back to the dmv at a different time, and talk to a different person.

I've gone through this a few times. Sometimes you get a person there who is really being a hard-ass. Then next day, you get somebody else that's helpful and nice.

Give that a try.

You really always want a notarized bill of sale. A regi from the past owner is usually helpful too....

Georgia is the easiest state to title a JETSKI search on the internet how to get a title in Georgia if nothing else works.

Thread Information