+1

gp1200 bilge pump install

Well, I have searched here & every where, but cant really find anything specifically related to what I am looking for -
    I want to install some kind of electronic bilge pump where the so called vacuum strainer is in the 1200. ( or another location that is better ) Id prefer something automatic, but a manual switch would be fine as well.

Doing d-nuts and burying the nose under the water alot, tends to cause quite a bit to get inside, sometimes enough to go above the oil block/pump hole. I dont want to deal with that anymore or cause any damage to anything else for that matter!

EDIT - I know the strainer works on a vacuum but it takes to long to actually get any of the water out & then its not as much as Id like - plus it flops because its full of water!

Has anyone done this, what kind to use, pics etc?

THANKS!

Resident Coffee Addict Oshawapilot's Avatar
    +1
    Interesting...subscribed - I was just looking around in my newly acquired 1200 today and realized that there was no bilge pump. I knew about the vacuum system but didn't realize it was fairly ineffective.

+1
    I was kinda thinking that maybe something was stopped up, but this has never been the case for me. I dont know how the vacuum system works for others, but as I said in my post, its not great for the way I ride. Same thing on a buddies 1200. Meant to add also, you cant hardly get on the thing or keep it balanced when theres a cpl / few inches of water in it ( which this much prob isnt safe anyways )
    I am hoping to find something around the net for idea, if not - Ill come up with my own. Ive found some nice pumps, but not sure when I will be able to grab one.
    Over on PWC today some one mentioned this post to me - dunno how effective it is, but worth looking at. Maybe some others can give some thoughts on it.

http://www.pwctoday.com/f14/bilge-pump-266114.html

there are automatic-on pump systems out there all self contained with water sensor probe switch (not just a plain float system)... RULE makes a nice little compact unit..(look for bracket templet on search..) My GP's impeller suction pump works just fine and I'm not easy on its submarine action , so I am thinking you may need to inspect your system for flow (possible clog in a line?) ..also check your hull and bucket sealing gaskets too,as they may not be keeping enough out...

Thread Information