Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151

    300x Running on 3 Cylinders

    Not to alarm anyone with the title, I found today that the 300x, after being switched off, started up on 3 cylinders. A quick squirt fixed the issue.

    The first time; the ski was switched off for maybe 30 seconds and the miss lasted maybe 5-10 seconds when I started it.

    The second time; the ski was on the anchor (and switched off obviously) for maybe 45 minutes. When I started it, it was missing again, but this time maybe 10-20 seconds.

    Looks like I'll be pulling the plugs this week to have a look (at the same time I check out the Exhaust Filter). The ski has 55 hours now.

    Cheers, Mal.


  2. #2
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Not to alarm anyone with the title, I found today that the 300x, after being switched off, started up on 3 cylinders. A quick squirt fixed the issue.

    The first time; the ski was switched off for maybe 30 seconds and the miss lasted maybe 5-10 seconds when I started it.

    The second time; the ski was on the anchor (and switched off obviously) for maybe 45 minutes. When I started it, it was missing again, but this time maybe 10-20 seconds.

    Looks like I'll be pulling the plugs this week to have a look (at the same time I check out the Exhaust Filter). The ski has 55 hours now.

    Cheers, Mal.
    1 it sounds like either your plugs need replacing

    2 Sounds more like your filter has failed , as these are the exact symptoms of NO filter being fitted

    My money is on the filter

    Waz

  3. #3
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    Good planning if it is my filter as my filters (yes ordered two for future changes) only come last week

    Will let you know.

  4. #4
    Aussiepauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australa
    Posts
    898
    +1
    70
    Hey Mal, I know you were missing team seadoo today, but to also have our beautiful 3cyl's ringing in your ears too(memories from last week), you must of really missed us ha ha!

  5. #5
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    whoops...

    Note to self. When brand new exhaust filters arrive in the mail, and your current one has 55 hours on it, use one ASAP!!



    All changed and done in an hour and a half. Well, I did drop a 12mm socket in the hull, so that time could rise to 10 hours depending how long it takes me to find it tomorrow.. doh.

    The centre piece was lodged in the waterbox. It's mangled a bit from trying to get it out, but otherwise I didn't think it looked that bad (for 55 hours).

    PS: Hey Paul, I think it was just that we could all ride harder given we didn't have any Seadoo's slowing us down mmmhahahahaha

  6. #6
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Do I win a icecream

  7. #7
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    if you can tell me where my 12mm socket went I'll post up some ice cream

  8. #8
    Autosport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Fast lane
    Posts
    1,587
    +1
    25
    Mal, how many of those 55 hours has your wife done considering its her ski?

  9. #9
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    if you can tell me where my 12mm socket went I'll post up some ice cream
    it went in da hull .................................

    find the closest retaining wall and raise the front , mister cockroach

    Waz

  10. #10
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosport View Post
    Mal, how many of those 55 hours has your wife done considering its her ski?
    I'm still running it in. I'm sure the book says 100 hours.. give or take a zero.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 185 hp was running on 2 cylinders
    By Tampa Florida in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 05:44 PM
  2. 657x only running on 1 cylinder. Carb Issue?
    By Matt's 175 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 03:06 PM
  3. Running on one cylinder??!?!
    By kidafa in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
  4. Troubleshooting for running on 2 cylinders
    By JFizzleJR in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 05:31 PM
  5. 04 RXP running on 1 cylinder
    By rokmon in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 07:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •