Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seattle Riders Help Me Out!

Hey guys,
    I just got an internship at Boeing for this summer! Just trying to figure out if it would be worth driving my jet ski all the way out there? Also good parts of town, bad parts of town, etc... just any general knowledge info. I have never been there before let alone west coast. What areas are within driving distance that are worth seeing. Any information would be great, thanks guys. P.S. I would either be working at Everett or Renton.

Lake Washington is a decent sized lake, but can have a lot of traffic on it during sunny weekends. I've only been out on it a couple of times, early in the season. Now, if you're willing to brave salt water, then Puget Sound has virtually unlimited riding opportunities, especially long-distance cruising. Only drawback is that there are no marinas with super unleaded, so you have to plan ahead (i.e. carry some gas) or be willing to refuel with regular unleaded. South Sound is more "lake-like" while North Sound can get a lot more wind-driven chop. Just have to spend some extra time washing down the ski after you retrieve it (use Salt-Away, etc.) to prevent corrosion. Launch fees tend to be $11-13 per day, depending on the ramp. The only nearby exception (that I'm aware of) being the Marysville launch (Puget Sound/Snohomish River - north of Everett) which is free.

As for good/bad parts of town....advice would really depend a lot on which location you'll be working at, and also what your budget is. Rush hour traffic can be nasty, so if you're able to rent near to where you're working, you'll be much happier. I'm not sure if you'll have many options for a short-term rental that also has garage space, so you might have to figure out an alternative storage option for your ski (perhaps a storage unit place?). I'd pull up a map of the area, then jump on Craigslist and start to get an idea of what the range of rental rates will be. The 2 locations are about 35 miles apart, so if you don't know which location (or will be workin at both?), then Kirkland is a nice area and about the midpoint between them. It's also going to be toward the upper end of rental rates. (In general - there are always exceptions.)

Thanks midd! I will let you know next week what plant. They will let me know then and have a better idea for housing and when I will be coming out.

+1
    Definately bring the ski! For one you'll miss it haha, and two there are plenty of places to ride! The puget sound is by far my favorite spot and my weekly stomping grounds whne the weather warms up. While you're out here send me a PM on a warm summer day and you can come put you ski in down south near Tacoma and I'll show you some very cool party spots with WARM water. It's a small Island known as "Dead Mans". I think midd did a god job of summing up the housing issue.

Hey guys just found out I will be working at Everett. I am trying to get my ski out there too.

Chaserxp215,,,welcome to Everett and congratulations on your intership. I live in Everett and I also work at Boeing - 33 years. We ride near Everett at Lake Stevens and the Snohomish river and also Lake Washington. Contact me at [email protected] and I can give you more details about the area and if you need a temporary place to hold your ski (about a week) until you arrange a more permanent place I do have room in my garage (my wife is going love me for this). I live 10 minutes from the Everett plant but work in Seattle - crazy. Anyway send me a email and we can connect and give you more info and help you out........Marty

Oct6454 just picked up an 07 and 08 fx ho's have spent time on puget sound in boats but would really enjoy cruising the south sound with someone who has been out there on skis...anyways let me know when you are going to hit the sound...I can be reached at [email protected]

+1
    Hyaker I'll let you know as soon as I start hitting it hard for the summer and i'll get you out on the sound for some real fun. Where are you coming from? The south sound is the best IMO because there can be warm water if you know where to look . Not to mention where there is warm water there are boats and where there are boats there are yatchs and where there are yatchs there's WAVES! I live on Fox Island btw

I will be heading out May 15. I start on May 22. I dont think im bringing the jet ski at this time....

+1
    Hey, Chase!

Just saw your post...I have all my relatives back in Michigan....some in Grosse Pointe, wild!

Anyway, I am in Everett...ride year round up here, yep, year round. Favorite spot is Lake Goodwin, just up I-5 freeway, 20-25 minutes to a great lake! Also ride at Lake Stevens, which is a little bigger, but, butt ass crazy boat drivers when the sun is out. They don't go counterclock wise there & not enforced, so, too many close calls so I avoid it as much as possible. Now, when I want to spend the day, the whole day, Lake Washington is a great place! I drop in at Magnason (spelling?), it is a city park drop in near Sand Point. If your gonna be in Renton, you can drop in down in Renton into Lake Washington, too. It is a huge lake!
    When the Summer comes around, yes, all three days of it, I like to drop in at Everett Marina and head out into Puget Sound. Lots of area to cover and tour, great time.
    Can pass along more info, but, gotta tell you, if you are in Everett, you have a lot of great options. Always looking for someone to ride with, so, when you get out here, we could meet for a ride and show you around if you are up for it.
    There are several rides coming up this summer that I have seen on these posts, one in particular, over at Durango State Park in E. Washington, always great time on Columbia River over there...been there several times, but, never with the group heading out there.
    If you want to shoot me an email, [email protected]. I don't come on this site too much till Summer, but, will check back this week to see if you received this post. Talk to you soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information