Buying my first seadoo. 1 question

I am going to a seadoo dealer to look at a Seadoo. I was wondering if buying a Seadoo is like buying a car, do I nagotiate the price of it or the price is the same as the seado website? Thanks for any help.

+1
    Negotiate like hell. Look for left overs,try to have them throw in extras like vests, warranties or other accessories...

+1
    imho negotiate for ANY purchase you are planning to buy..
    let it be a jetski, atv, any vehicle...
    but also try to bargain abit for other things like a welder for example
    just realise that the price difference is also the bargain difference you are going to get..
    (in other words, be realistic, if youcan push to a 2000$ rebate on a 16 000$ ski, you wont get the same rebate/results for a 5000$welder......)

also, try giving them cash for example.....

left overs are always a good idea, same as demo's (not sure if you guys in the states call it the same as we do, but a demo is a model that was in the show room all season, or was a model that they put in water to ride for an event..
    aka it is a used vehicle but with really really low hours...and that was owned by the marina/shop)

hope i helped.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shui View Post
    imho negotiate for ANY purchase you are planning to buy..
    let it be a jetski, atv, any vehicle...
    but also try to bargain abit for other things like a welder for example
    just realise that the price difference is also the bargain difference you are going to get..
    (in other words, be realistic, if youcan push to a 2000$ rebate on a 16 000$ ski, you wont get the same rebate/results for a 5000$welder......)

also, try giving them cash for example.....

left overs are always a good idea, same as demo's (not sure if you guys in the states call it the same as we do, but a demo is a model that was in the show room all season, or was a model that they put in water to ride for an event..
    aka it is a used vehicle but with really really low hours...and that was owned by the marina/shop)

hope i helped.
    Good points but dealers don't care if you pay cash or finance. In fact they'd rather have you finance since they get a kickback from the lender for giving them the deal. That is one of the old myths that paying cash has some kind of extra leverage.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaGuy View Post
    Good points but dealers don't care if you pay cash or finance. In fact they'd rather have you finance since they get a kickback from the lender for giving them the deal. That is one of the old myths that paying cash has some kind of extra leverage.
    +1 Yes allot of times they get a kick back from the finance company. Geting points on your loan.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaGuy View Post

yes and no...
    although you are right that financing is better for the dealer,
    they sometimes prefer the whole amount in cash... hell, alot of people i know avoid paying taxes this way (something i dont really agree on, but for a welder its not as important as for a ski.. (cant register a
    ski without paying the taxes))

imho its also better for you... you end up paying much less.. (considering we get crazy rates like 9% on skis..)

Also, by giving cash, they seem to want to give more.. as in rebates.. the best offer i got was 13,900 OTD if i financed it (then id have to pay 9% in financing each month..)
    but they agreed on 12,500$ in cash.. (OTD)

both prices included a trailer and cover...

You should negotiate the selling price but cash really isn't much of a factor. If you are talking over $10k (which pretty much every pwc is) there are reporting requirements for cash to weed out the shady money.

Thread Information