Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

PWC Insurance – Performance Mods

Looking for a provider that doesn’t have something specifically in their policy about not insuring skis that have performance modifications. Let me know what you have or what your experiances are. Thanks.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    i will just list your ski as stock, i don't think any insurance is going to give you a policy with the craft been modded. just my 2 cents, don't quote me.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    no insurance is going to insure ski with mods, And if you do find someone it will cost you a arm and a leg.

+1
    Thanks. That's what I was thinking.

+1
    Insurance is a touchy subject with most companies. Most policies will cover collision type accidents but when it comes to mechanical claims, it is a case by case and the percentage of people getting the insurance to cover mechanical failure is very low as they always find a loop hole to say it is something they don't have to cover. I worked in several shops and we got all kinds of claims coming through and people were trying to get the insurance company to pay for mechanical failures and very few were handled by insurance. Most were told "too bad, so sad". Even though some policies say they will cover the engine, you have to read between the lines and even then, they still seem to find a way out. We had numerous cases where seaweed blocking the water intake causing overheating issues and other problems ie: rocks in the pump, blown head gaskets etc. and most claims were denied for one reason or another. It may also depend what company is being used but Progressive is very popular and they are also very hard to get any money out of unless it is a collision related accident and even then, they can be a pain in the ass. So in short, just do regular coverage and don't mention anything about mods. If you do mods and something fails and you are still under warranty, either have a dealer that will treat you well cover it or put everything back to stock and hope they don't find anything they can throw back in your face.

+1
    yes progressive will shit u real quick there crooks i stay far away from themhttp://markelinsuresfun.com/pwc-insurance/jet-ski-insurance

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by starter99 View Post
    yes progressive will shit u real quick there crooks i stay far away from themhttp://markelinsuresfun.com/pwc-insurance/jet-ski-insurance
    I disagree I have never had a problem with them or a claim from them. They will even except minor mods.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I use Boat U.S. all they asked on the App was if the ski was going to be used for rental, or racing, or rec use.........I choose rec use

+1
    Thanks jetpilot that's good insight. Liked progressive until I had a claim with them on the family boat. They were horrible to deal with on the claims side. Have them on my 09 ski and am ditching them because of it.

Was leaning toward geico, or markel, anyone dealt with either regarding claims?

+1
    Does your car insurance cover an engine blow up? Or a transmission going out? Didn't think so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information