Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Which Intake Grate

Getting close to the 74-75 MPH on my 2011 260 HP GTX LTD I/S. I have heard issues of Bucking around these speeds. Which Intake grate shold I go to the Worx,R&D or Riva? The Stock grate stays hooked up very well in all types of water and speeds I just do not want any surprises in the Bucking category at the higher speeds.

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by moultrie rxp View Post
    Getting close to the 74-75 MPH on my 2011 260 HP GTX LTD I/S. I have heard issues of Bucking around these speeds. Which Intake grate shold I go to the Worx,R&D or Riva? The Stock grate stays hooked up very well in all types of water and speeds I just do not want any surprises in the Bucking category at the higher speeds.
    What mods u have now.?

+1
    I have SCOM, S/C Air Intake Kit by Riva, Did some mods of my own to allow the S/C get all the air it needs this was a big help. Also had Erik at Speedfreaks work with me until I got my speed,and RPM,s where I wanted them by repitching my Solas 15/22 impeller.. He was a big part of getting my ski up to speed!!!!

+1
    There are many posts about the "is" grate bucking around 73-74mph. I have run both the R&D and Worx up to 81.4 on my X260 with ZERO bucking issues.

+1
    I have a Riva on my RXP(stock). I love it. Stays hooked up in a choppy/confused sea.

+1
    I have been 73 maybe 73.5 on several occasions with no issues with the stock intake grate. I know I will be getting close to 74 to 75 with latest mods. The stock intake really stays hooked up in rough water and I like that. Which grate to you prefer?

+1
    If you are happy with what you have, stay with it!

Your riding conditions are probably totally different than mine or others. I ride nothing but inland lakes, are you the same? Offshore?

I'll tell you this, the Worx and or R&D will not yield anymore than 1 mph+ on any given day. What do you want? Hole shot, acceleration, sustained hook up in chop, offshore hook up, closed course handling, top speed?

Bottom line, all of these grates have advantages and disadvantages, just totally depends what your goal is!

To answer your question, so far, I like the Worx but for reasons far beyond this post.

Glade Rider did a very good test on these grates about a year ago, but that was when we were pushing 75mph. No one has documented any tests 80+ test on these grates. Maybe I'll tackle that............

+1
    I ride on inland lakes as well. Some days It is like a mirror and other days it is like the ocean. The real rough days I set on my dock and enjoy the sun and scenery. When I say rough I really mean rough! The lake is about 66,000 acres and somewhat shallow for a lake this big the deepest point about 65 feet. I want a grate that is pretty well all around. I have no issues with the stock intake it works well for me I just don't want to get bucked off at 74-75 MPH. I don't want to loose any top end on the transition if possible. I am going to pretty well stay at the 74-75 mph. I know my ski will wilt some in the summer heat so I am trying to find a happy medium and be satisfied.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    There are many posts about the "is" grate bucking around 73-74mph. I have run both the R&D and Worx up to 81.4 on my X260 with ZERO bucking issues.
    Posts and Videos!!!!

If you're going to run that speed, turn the iS Grate into a paper weight!!! I learned the hard way and am still hurting 2 months later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information