2002 XLT1200: Oil and Carbon in water?

I put my ski on the hose today to fire it up after winter storage. Took some tinkering to get it going but when i did i noticed the water coming out was grey and had, what looked like, oil and carbon junks in it. Should I be concerned? Below is additional info. Attached are some pics of the hull with the crap blasted all over it. Once I ran it for about 10 minutes and rev'ed it several times the water started to run out a little cleaner. Anyone experience this? I dont think its a huge deal but I just thought I'd check. Thanks is advance!

1) Its a fresh rebuild and was done at the end of the summer. I didnt make it through the entire tank of premix last season.
    2) I installed a D-Plate over the weekend.
    3) When i winterized it I fogged the hell out of it and put 2-stroke oil on to of the pistons.
    4) Had to drop some premix in the cylinders to get it going.

Note: When installing the D-Plate I noticed one hose clamp on inner grey silicone coupling between the front half of the exhaust and rear catalitic half had slipped off allowing exhaust to enter the water chamber, or visa versa. Should I be concerned? Ski ran good during the summer and idled fine on the hose today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-26_16-44-43_469.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	267360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-26_16-44-31_13.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	267361

Name:  mail.google.com.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  9.4 KB

Name:  mail1.google.com.jpeg
Views: 214
Size:  9.4 KB

went out about an hour later and this is what came out.

Someone has to have experience with this.

Anyone??? Water in the cooling system cant be good.

A couple local shops say they have never seen this before. One who handles most skis in the area said to fire it up and let it set on the hose for an hour. He thinks because the coupling slipped I was blowing unburnt oil into the cooling system and it still hasnt all flushed out.

+1
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. Is it premix? If you are still running the oil injection maybe it is stuck open and thats why you have a bunch of unburnt oil in our exhaust? I wouldn't run my ski on the hose for an hour. I don't think running a motor that long with no load on it is the best idea, but I could very well be wrong. I think you best bet is to just drop it in the water and run it to clear out your water box real good.

Edit: never mind I see you are premix, I think it is just fogging oil that did not burn. 2 stoke engines can only burn so much oil. Anything over a mixture of 32:1 will not burn completely.

The catch pan of water/oil mix settled out and it didnt look like alot of oil came out. I'm going to run it alittle on the hose and try to trailer them into the water next week. Random you live in Cape May. I used to vacation there as a kid. A family member owns one of the apartment complexes on the beach there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Diznasty View Post
    The catch pan of water/oil mix settled out and it didnt look like alot of oil came out. I'm going to run it alittle on the hose and try to trailer them into the water next week. Random you live in Cape May. I used to vacation there as a kid. A family member owns one of the apartment complexes on the beach there.
    I spend all summer there as I have a house on the water, actually not in Cape May itself. I live in Bridgewater,NJ in the winter though when I am not at school in West Chester, Pa. I guess you can say I live a little bit of everywhere.

Sounds like you might have accidently used the whole can of fogging oil. Run it on the lake and get it cleaned out a bit. After about 20 mins you probably have it cleaned out i bet a lot of that fogging oil found its way down transfer ports and in crankcase and also down exhaust ports into the manifold where it sat. Now u started it and got it all churned up. Its ok just run it a bit and all good. Just dont fish in that spot for a bit. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    Sounds like you might have accidently used the whole can of fogging oil. Run it on the lake and get it cleaned out a bit. After about 20 mins you probably have it cleaned out i bet a lot of that fogging oil found its way down transfer ports and in crankcase and also down exhaust ports into the manifold where it sat. Now u started it and got it all churned up. Its ok just run it a bit and all good. Just dont fish in that spot for a bit. Lol.
    Yeah we let the catch pan of oil settle out for a day. Now it looks and feels more like tar/carbon with an oil slick on top. When it came out it was churned up like you said so I couldnt tell the difference. I did use alot of fogging oil...it wasnt an accident.lol It gets cold up here and since I cant shoot it through the intake and choke out the engine I just blasted it in the cylinders. I plan on taking them to the marina next week and running them a little. I'd never eat a fish out of lake erie so i dont mind. haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Diznasty View Post
    Yeah we let the catch pan of oil settle out for a day. Now it looks and feels more like tar/carbon with an oil slick on top. When it came out it was churned up like you said so I couldnt tell the difference. I did use alot of fogging oil...it wasnt an accident.lol It gets cold up here and since I cant shoot it through the intake and choke out the engine I just blasted it in the cylinders. I plan on taking them to the marina next week and running them a little. I'd never eat a fish out of lake erie so i dont mind. haha
    please clean it out a much as possible before you put it in the lake..... please.

Thread Information